Oh Thursday, how I love thee. Not only do you signal the tail-end of the working week but you’re the perfect opportunity to sit down and count my blessings. This week I love:
- The Making of a Man by Maxim Februari. I devoured this book in an evening and I’ve been telling everyone about it since. It’s written by transgender philosopher who talks candidly about his life as a man and his transition into masculinity. It gives some excellent discussion points about transsexuality and it’s a fantastic and thought-provoking read.
- Big hair for Halloween. I watched Ghostbusters the night before Halloween and I felt it only right to pay tribute to my favourite character: Egon Spengler. I miss Spengler’s crazy do’ from the cartoons, and I felt that this massive pompadour was a fitting tribute.
- Jaffa cake. Delicious.
- Bare feet and red toenails.
- Four day weekends! My boss decided to close the office on Monday. Tuesday was a public holiday for Melbourne Cup Day so I got a delicious four days of relaxation. It was just what the doctor ordered.
- Scottish accents.
- Re-watching some of the classic Disney films: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio
- Finding the most perfect present for one of my friends for Christmas.
- This stunning carved trunk I found at the op shop. Sadly it had already been sold so I couldn’t take it home for myself. It would have made the most perfect home for my winter blankets. Ah well, I hope it’s new owner has something wonderful to place inside it.
- Turkey and cranberry baguettes
- Finding this beautiful floral dress at the thrift store for just $4. I haven’t worn it out yet, but I promise that I’ll post pictures when I do. It’s made of cotton and it’s so light and cool. I can imagine that I’ll wear this to work a lot once Summer hits.
- The final count-down to Christmas.
What are you loving this week my darling?