Thank God it’s Thursday! This past week has been truly higgledy-piggledy, full of false starts and craziness. I always look forward to Thursdays because it gives me a chance to take a deep breath and think about all the things that I feel grateful for.
This week, I love:
-Running. I went for a jog on the weekend and I managed to do nearly an entire circuit without stopping to walk. I felt so proud of myself, and I could barely wipe the grin off my face as I bolted about the running track.
– My Cosby sweater from Mondays’ outfit post.
– This Sally doll Ross bought for me this week. It used to be a Micky Mouse doll, but it’s been repainted as Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. She’s sitting in front of my computer at the moment.
– Apple-print tights. These were a gift from Ross’s mum. She also bought me a pair with little stilettos printed on them. I’ll make sure I take a picture when I wear those ones!
– Knitting. I bought a bunch of knitting yarn on the weekend, and I’ve managed to rattle off a couple of little projects.
– Paying somebody else to mow our lawn. This house has the biggest lawn I’ve ever had, and I despise gardening. Ross and I have been holding a stand-off for about a month to see who will cave and do the mowing. It got to the point where our front yard had grown into a jungle that neither one of us could tackle. So we caved and paid someone to do it for us, and the yard looks lovely once more.
-Birthday anticipation! My 26th birthday is this Saturday, and I am really looking forward to it. I’m having a Harry Potter-themed party.
– The way that Ross will cover my feet with his to warm them up when I get back into bed after grabbing a midnight drink.
Oh, I also have an outfit to share with you today.
I am wearing:
– Black beret from Target
– Black bodysuit from Supre
– Black and white striped blazer from CKM
– Red and Black skirt from 7 Angels
– Black snakeskin stilettos from Nine West
– Amethyst ring
– Ace of Spades necklace from Diva
– Glasses from Clearly Contacts
I found this skirt in a box of stuff my parents had been storing at their house. I bought it when I was fourteen, and I used to wear it all the time. It’s actually a bright red skirt with a black mesh overlay, so it look darker and the colour shimmers with the light. This style used to be all the rage when I was in high school. It’s not cool anymore, but I have such fond memories of this skirt that I wanted to restyle it and wear it once more.
What do you love this week?