Happy Halloween! I hope that you’re having a wonderful spooky time today. Halloween is my second favourite holiday and even though it’s not such a huge deal in Australia I still like to celebrate in my own way. A few things I’ve done during October to celebrate Halloween have included:
- Re-reading Stephen King’s It.
- Baking Harry Potter-inspired pumpkin pasties
- Watching loads of my favourite horror movies and some new ones. By far the scariest movie I watched this month was Sinister. It was just so unsettling and left me feeling to afraid to sleep after it finished.
- Having an Addams Family marathon
- Wearing loads of spooky tee shirts and jewellery. I’ve been trying to work one creepy element into each outfit this month.
And today is no exception. I chose this tee shirt from Threadless which has a ghostly glamourpuss printed on it. I like her because she has a bit of a Lauren Bacall look to her. It speaks to both my love of vintage style and my adoration for all things spectral and spooky.
I am wearing:
- Tee shirt from Threadless
- Black fishtail skirt (thrifted)
- Black bodysuit from Missguided
- Black lace-look flats (acquired from a friend’s wardrobe clear-out)
- Silver chain necklace
- Silver bangle bracelets
- Enamel Earrings from Fayebella
- Silver signet ring
I’ve nicknamed this tee shirt my “Graveyard Girl” shirt. My partner has a band called Agent 37 and they have a song called Graveyard Girl. This tee shirt makes me think of that song. Incidentally, Agent 37’s album, Reporting for Duty, is now available on Google Play, Bandcamp and Spotify. If you enjoy punk rock tunes with a hint of 50’s rock and roll, you’re going to love it.
How have you marked Halloween this year? Do you celebrate throughout the month or keep your festivities confined to October 31st?