I count down to the beginning of October every year. I like to celebrate Halloween for a full month, and as soon as the calendar flips over to October first, I’m in full-on spooky mode. I get out all my favourite horror movies, flip over to my goth playlist and start working some creepy elements into my wardrobe.
I couldn’t resist wearing this Sick Sad World tee shirt to ring in October. I love the green spiral detail and the creepy eye peering out from the centre. The fact that it’s an homage to one of my all-time favourite cartoons, Daria, is just icing on the cake.
I am wearing:
- Sick Sad World tee shirt from Pulp Kitchen
- Green skater skirt from Princess Highway
- Diana Ferrari ballet flats (thrifted)
- Black tights from Target
- Vintage striped scarf
- Opal earrings from my grandmother
- Green beaded necklace from Chapel Street Bazaar
- Vintage cocktail ring from Faye Bella
I wore this outfit to go grocery shopping, work on some writing and have a coffee date with my boyfriend’s mum.
Do you do Halloween-themed outfits? What do you like to wear when the spooky season rolls around?