I recently purchased a bicycle to use as a mode of transport after my move. I live in a sweet suburb that is, unfortunately, not terribly close to any shopping centres. I thought that the bicycle would be a great way to save money on public transport and also get some exercise. Sadly, I’ve come to realise that my fitness level for bike-riding is pretty woeful, so I’ve had to work on building up my stamina. This has meant scheduling in regular rides around the neighbourhood and also finding some cute bike-friendly attire. Today’s outfit was one such ensemble.
I am wearing:
- Red vintage cardigan (thrifted)
- White button-down shirt from Target
- Grey wool vintage trousers (thrifted)
- Black patent brogues (thrifted)
- Mrs Doubtfire pin from Amy Blue Illustration
- Fox pin from Old English Co.
- Niffler pin from Hannah Hitchman
- Emerald ring (belonged to my great aunt)
- Swarovski crystal stud earrings (belonged to my grandmother)
These brogues are a new addition to my wardrobe. I have been on the lookout for a great pair of brogues since my old black and white pair bit the dust a few years ago. I spotted these at the Red Cross shop on one of my first jaunts into town after my move to Ballarat and I just had to have them. They’re super comfortable and I suspect that I’ll be wearing them quite a lot.
This was a pretty dapper outfit to go bicycling in. I rode to the second hand store, but didn’t find anything that took my fancy. The ride there was easy but the ride home was a bit of a struggle. Ah well, I guess I’ll just have to keep at it and before I know it I’ll be biking everywhere.