This past week has been a real drag. I spent Thursday and Friday completely bombed out with a migraine. Which meant cancelling a trip to see my boyfriend on the weekend because I still wasn’t well enough to travel. I’m trying to look on the bright side and come up with at least a couple of things that are worth smiling for.
This week I love:
- My cats. When I don’t feel well, they seem to intuitively know it and they are so loving. Miss Jelly in particular gets really maternal with me when I’m not well. She barely leaves my side and snuggles up to me when I’m napping. It’s really sweet and it makes me feel a tiny bit better when a migraine hits.
- Deep heat rubbed onto the points where my shoulders join my neck and my neck meets my skull.
- This adorable 1960’s vintage purse that I got to replace my old wallet. The design reminds me of liquorice allsorts. It opens from each end into two completely separate pockets. It’s so slim and streamlined and it fits so well into my handbag.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday. This movie was surprisingly adorable and really, really funny. It co-stars Joe Manganiello as himself, and I have the hugest crush on him, which was another reason that I chose it.
- Super soft cotton nightshirts
- Black bean and beetroot burgers.
- This GIF
- Beauties of the Night. It’s a Netflix documentary about several former showgirls who are now in their sixties and seventies. It was really eye-opening. When I started to watch, I felt quite sad for these women, because I thought that they were trying to cling to their youth. But as I watched I understood that they aren’t sad in the slightest. They are passionate, majestic, colourful and creative beings. I loved learning their stories and felt inspired by this movie.
- Listening to my Offspring CDs from high school.
What do you love this week?