I’ve had a bit of a down week. Work has been insane and I’ve had trouble dealing with the stress and mayhem. But I’ve gotten myself through by just trying to focus on the task at hand and not looking at the piles of files that are growing all around me. I’ve also found it helpful to think about the little things that have made me happy this week. Let me share some with you….
- Discovering filters on my phone. I’ve been playing around with my new phone and the camera has lots of fun filters to play with. I particularly enjoy the ones that morph your face or let you play dress-ups.
- My boyfriend. It is so fantastic to find someone who just gets me. He and I have such similar values and views of the world that we are not only on the same page, but on the same line. He has been incredibly supportive this week, and I’m very lucky to have him in my life.
- Sweet potato and pear soup. You wouldn’t think that those two flavours would go together, but they do.
- Glow. I’m only two episodes in, but I’m loving the 80’s costuming and girl-power attitude. I can’t wait to see where it goes from here.
- Diamond Dogs by David Bowie and Gravity Won’t Get You High by The Grates. Both have been playing on repeat in my flat.
- Epic cuddles with Branson, my Dad’s cat.
- The Big Fat Quiz of the Year.
- Sunday morning texts from my bf’s mother to check in with me.
- Knitting loads of hats for friends.
- Seeing my parents joyfully planning holidays in their new caravan. They both work so hard and it’s amazing to see them finally getting to go on a real adventure together.
- Huge coats
- Making myself into a burrito with my doona.
- London Breakfast tea from T2
- The tippy-tap sound my fingers make on the keyboard when I type quickly.
- Chocolate soy ice cream with a dollop of peanut butter on top.
What do you love this week?
Love your focus on the positive things in your life! Thank you for sharing 🙂
Thank you for reading. Positivity is such an important tool to combating depression and anxiety, and it works well for me.
I couldn’t agree more!!! 🙂