It’s the first Thursday of April and it’s time for a Things I love Thursday post. Pour yourself a cup of tea and relax while I share all the things that I’ve loved lately.
- Celebrating my one-year anniversary with my beloved, David. He is such an amazing person and he makes me feel so blessed. We have had an awesome year together and I can’t wait to see what adventures the future has in store for us.
- Having Mr Ringo peer over my shoulder while I read. He’s such a curious little dude.
- The late emergence of Autumn weather. The final week of March was almost unbearably humid and hot. I honestly wondered if the weather was ever going to cool off. But like clockwork, April brought a crisp morning wind and a chill to the air. I’ve happily been rocking knits and socks, and I’ve had the perfect excuse to break out the slippers I was gifted months ago.
- This Deadpool stuffie that David bought me for our anniversary. For our first date, we saw Deadpool and played the arcade machines at the cinema. So now, Deadpool is kinda “our” movie.
- Lush’s Ruby Red Slippers bubble bath bar.
- Argyle vests
- Putting the sleeves on a jumper I’m knitting for myself. I”ve already finished one simple jumper for myself, thus completing my new years resolution of knitting an actual garment. This time I’m working on something with more shaping and raglan sleeves.
- This awesome Monsters Inc tee shirt I picked up for $7 at Uniqlo. I have a few Uniqlo shirts now and they are such good quality.
- The Good Dinosaur. I finally got around to watching it and it made me cry so hard. And also laugh so hard. And then cry again. And laugh some more. It was a yo-yo of emotions.
- finding the final Sandman book to complete my extensive collection in the op shop for just one dollar. It was a proud moment.
- Project Runway. I’ve become a tiny bit obsessed.
- This room service pizza I got for dinner on our anniversary. It was not vegan (it had goat’s cheese) but it was vegetarian. It had zucchini, pumpkin, pine nuts and leek. It was so amazingly good that I didn’t even care that I had a food baby for our anniversary-celebration-sexy-times.
- Actual vegan recipes I’ve made these past few weeks, including an off-the-charts mushroom stroganoff and a mock-chicken and vegetable soup. I’m getting extremely good at this vegan cooking thing.
- Finding a mega-cute heart hoop for my helix piercing. I’m always on the lookout for unusual body jewellery and I really haven’t changed the stud in my helix since I got it pierced nearly eighteen months ago. This heart was just the ticket, and it’s so comfortable.
- Wood fire smoke
- Being able to snuggle under layers of quilts without exploding from heat.
What do you love this week?