Welcome to another Things I Love Thursday. In my opinion, Thursday is the perfect day to take stock of the things I’m grateful for and that bring me joy. By the time Thursday rolls around, I’m beginning to lose momentum from the long week behind me and I’m usually truly ready for the weekend. Taking the time to think about the good things from the past week really gives me a chance to look at things with fresh eyes.
This week I love:
- My awesome boyfriend who rescued me from an enormous spider that was crawling across the bedhead at 4am last weekend. We both hate spiders, so very very much. And the fact that he was willing to stay in the room with the spider to make sure I was out safely and calmly meant the world to me.
- Rain storms to break the oppressive summer heat.
- Making veggie pies for dinner that taste amazing and look way fancier than they actually are.
- Iced coffee
- Starting work on my first knitted jumper. It’s going to be super chunky and TARDIS blue.
- Singing along to Blink 182 in the car and reminiscing about my teen years.
- Saving Mr Banks
- The new fennec fox kit who was born at Taronga Zoo last month. This little dude is crazy cute and so energetic!
- Finding a book I’ve been dying to read and a big ball of Noro silk yarn at a trash and treasure market. I spent the princely sum of $3.
- Watching a bunch of Lucy Worsley’s documentaries on Youtube. In particular I’ve been enjoying History’s Biggest Fibs and also Fit to Rule. Lucy is so lovely and makes history sound so cheeky and magical.
- Dexter. I’m finally getting around to watching this after so many years and I’m really enjoying it.
What do you love this week?
That is amazing picture of the exoskeleton! Your man certainly sounds sweet! Oh man, Blink 182 reminds me of my teen years.
What am I loving, hmm, my upcoming trip to Ballarat, excited to get away, if only for a night. I haven’t been in like 20 years. I am also really loving my new doctor (GP). Oh, and my cats, even when they are being annoying jerks.
My teen years were all about Blink 182. After Hanson, they were my favourite band.