Happy Thursday gorgeous-face! I hope that the first week of 2017 was smashing and that you’ve got lots to be smiling about. Because I sure do! Here we go…
This week I love:
View this post on Instagram
A massive thanks to the folks at Grilld at Southern Cross Station. After noticing id ordered the Field of Dreams burger with no.cheese and no mayo, they asked if I was vegan. They then proceeded to help build an incredible burger for me and offered loads of advice on vegan friendly menu options at Grilld. So many restaurants have no vegan options or balk at making things without dairy or eggs. It was so refreshing to be given so many options without a fuss. Awesome. #vegan #gratitude #awesomeservice #burger #veganuary
- Grill’d. I have been a fan of their burgers for years, but this past week they won me over completely. I called into Grill’d at Southern Cross Station to grab some dinner on New Years Eve. I chose the Field of Dreams burger, minus the cheese and mayo, and sat down to wait for it. While I was waiting, one of the chefs approached me and asked if I was vegan. She had noticed my docket and wanted to check because the pesto on the burger also had parmesan cheese on it. She made a bunch of vegan-friendly suggestions and together we build the most delicious burger on the planet. I was so appreciative of her assistance. As a new vegan, it can be hard to know what to order in restaurants and so it was awesome to have someone help me out.
- Rogue One. Wowza, I was not prepared for the amazingness of that film. David and I went to see it last week (on the same day that Carrie Fisher’s passing was announced. *sob!*) and I was blown away. It was crazy good.
- Kitty head-boops
- American Horror Story: Hotel. I’ve been blazing through this series and I’m enjoying it a great deal. I’m addicted to Gaga’s glamorous costumes and the art deco styling of the Hotel Cortez is making me drool. The story is pretty good so far, and reminds me more of season one in the way it’s been jumping around in time. I plan to finish it off over the next day or so.
- Yarn shopping.
- My herb garden. I’ve got three plants growing strong, and I can’t wait for them to get big enough for me to start using them in my cooking.
- Frozen cola slurpees
- Crop tops
- Throwing away a stack of threadbare bed sheets and frayed towels. I no longer need to fight my way into my linen cupboard every time I need something.
- Cool breezes through the open windows of an evening.
What do you love this week?