I am overflowing with joy this week. Although I’ve been really busy, there are so many wonderful things filling up my days and I just can’t hold in my happiness.
This week I love:
- Mr Selfridge. I started watching this show a few weeks ago and I’ve blown through three seasons. I love it for the vintage fashions and the way it highlights how much shopping has changed in the last century. By far my favourite character is Miss Mardell. I can’t get enough of her. She’s tough and ballsy while still being romantic and kind. Single and childless, she’s still one of the most successful characters in the show and manages to turn the stereotype of the lonely old spinster onto it’s head.
- Having a song written for me. My boyfriend, David, and I celebrated our six month anniversary last week. He is just the bees knees and he makes me so happy. He wrote this song about me, and I was crazy excited to have a song with the word “shit” in the title dedicated to me.
- Mr Ringo. My poor little man has been very unwell with a urinary tract infection but he is all better now. We had to take an emergency trip to the vet which was very frightening, but our new vet was exceptional with my anxious little dude and he’s now fighting fit again.
- Roses, geraniums and daffodils, which are all popping up in my garden.
- Working on some handmade cotton dishcloths.
- Decluttering. I’m on a real minimalism kick, which has meant doing some ruthless clearing out of drawers and cupboards. I have gotten rid of bags and bags of items that I don’t use, and I’m doing quite well with resisting buying more items to fill the space I’m creating.
- The Conjuring. I watched it last week and it was so scary! If you like creepy stories of hauntings that re based on true stories, this could be one for you to check out.
- Sweater clips. I’ve never gotten into them before now, but I was gifted this awesome Erstwilder set for my birthday. This new (to me) cardigan was the perfect companion to my lipstick-and-mirror clips and I now can’t get enough of them.
- Dark nail polish.
- Finding PG Tips teabags in the import section at the supermarket.
- Leaving work at the end of the day with my desk completely clear of paperwork.
- Dr Pepper and 90’s slasher flicks.
What do you love this week?
That’s such a cool song! He seems lovely ❤
He is an absolute sweetheart. I have the best times with him.