Thursday is here again, so it’s time to lay down a list of the things that are bringing light into my life this week. It’s been pretty mental over in my neck of the woods, as work has been uber busy and I’ve felt like I’m drowning in paperwork a lot of the time. Being so occupied has worn me out a bit, and made me even more grateful for the glimmers of awesomeness that have speckled my week.
This week, I love:
- Dragging a blanket and some pillows onto the loungeroom floor for snuggle time with my dude.
- The new 50’s style diner that has opened up two blocks from my house. I took myself for a dinner date the other night and had the most exquisite bacon burger.
- Getting an awesome performance review and a pay rise. Go me!
- Horrible Histories. I know it’s meant for kidlets, but I’m really enjoying the silly humour and awesome songs. And I’m learning so much!
- Colouring with the new pencils I got for my birthday.
- Knitting socks. I’ve currently got four different pairs on the go, and I keep finding more yarn that I want to turn into cozy socks for my friends, myself and also my shop.
- Looking forward to punk rock gigs.
- Waking up wedged in between Jelly and Ringo as they try to snuggle close to me to share my warmth.
- Rainy weekends at home alone. I’ve been very social lately, which is awesome, but it’s so nice to have some quite time to indulge my introverted nature.
- Tina Horne’s podcast Why Are People Into That? Tina takes an in-depth look at a variety of fetishes and sexual practices and delves into what makes them so appealing to the people who are into them. It’s a fascinating listen.
- My new lube. I bought a bottle of Sliquid Sassy lube, and it is gosh-darn amazing. It’s designed for anal play, and while I do use it for that, it’s also great to use for other sexy exploits. It’s so slippery, it lasts for ages and it is kind to my lady parts.
- Hanging with my friend Tom, eating weird cheeses and chatting about books.
- Big, giant, sweet cups of coffee.
- Waking up to the sound of rain.
- Fuzzy jumpers.
What do you love this week?