Thank goodness it’s Thursday! The weekend is just around the corner and it’s time to kick back, pour yourself a cup of tea (or something stronger if need be) and reflect on the week behind you and all the things that made you smile.
This week I love:
- Haircuts. I got a big trim last week and it was amazing. I didn’t have anything drastic done, just a few inches off, my layers tidied up and my side shave cut neatly. But I feel lighter and bouncier. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of self care to breathe a bit of life back into our tired selves.
- The cooler weather. I’ve been so pleased to break out some of my warmer jumpers and boots.
- Red leaves. The house on the corner of my street has the most gorgeous maple tree in their front yard. The leaves are beginning to turn this incredible rich red and it’s stunning to behold.
- Finding this Hello Kitty onsie at the op shop. I stopped into the thrift store for just a second during my lunch break and saw this burst of fleecy fabric poking out from between two pastel nightgowns. It was just $6, is a perfectly comfy fit and it has pockets. It’s my new favourite after-work outfit.
- Long train rides with trashy vampire books.
- Making my first ever baked risotto. It’s so much yummier than when I do it on the stovetop, not to mention faster and easier.
- Attempting to be kinder to myself and my body and it’s changing shape.
- Pushing Daisies. Whimsical, cute and a bit dark. Not to mention the adorable styling.
- Flicking my new shorter ponytail back and forth.
- Warm showers
What do you love this week, sweet pea?
Cutest adult onsie ever!!! 🙂 I’m a big HK fan and would have swooped down on that right away, too. Great find!
Let’s see, at the moment I’m loving the colour purple, stormy springtime weather, seeing daffodils again, the scent of our neighbour’s honeysuckle bush, getting away last weekend for much needed spot of R&R, reworking existing wardrobe pieces into fun new looks for spring, and the fact that Tony bought himself a great mountain bike this weekend, which has been a dream of his for ages now.
Oodles of hugs & happy tail end of April wishes,
The onesie was an incredible find. I’ve worn it non-stop and it’s been fantastic on these chilly nights. I haven’t even needed to put the heater on yet, because it’s so warm and cosy.
Oh, how lovely that you and Tony managed a weekend mini-break away from home. And a big yes to honeysuckle. I can imagine that gorgeous scent filling my nostrils right now, even though Spring is so far away here.