You guys! Thursday is here. Which means three things:
- There’s only one day until the weekend
- We’ve already survived four days of the working week
- It’s time to play “Things I Love Thursday”
If you’re new here, every Thursday I make a list of the things that have made me smile over the past week. You read the list and catch the contagious joy that I’m spreading to the universe. And if you’re feeling up to it, you can jump on in and throw your own list of loves down in the comments section. Ready? Let’s do this bitch!
This week I love:
- Trains with quiet carriages. After years of travelling on the crowded Vline trains crammed with screaming toddlers, obnoxious teens and wailing bogans, I finally got to experience the near-silent pleasure that is the metro trains. These trains have designated “Quiet Carriages” which are for those of us who are content to read on the journey or are using the commute to study or work. It’s a great idea and one that this introvert loves.
- Finding out that Deadpool is coming to my local cinema. The cinema here is small, and they don’t get every movie that is released. So I was chuffed to discover that Deadpool will be playing here in a matter of weeks.
- Air conditioning
- Meeting new cat friends. I became buds with a gorgeous feline gentleman named Rupert this past weekend. Rupert enjoys sitting in the curtains, chin scratches and joining in with human conversations.
- Caramel frappacinos
- Lush shampoo bars. I know I’m late to the game here, but my goodness the Lush shampoo bars are fantastic. They’re like a bar of soap for your hair. They are super sudsy, they last for ages and they smell incredible.
- The last gasp of hot weather before autumn starts to take hold.
- Master of None starring Aziz Ansari. I loved Aziz in Parks and Rec, and I was hesitant to watch this show because I didn’t want to think of him as anyone other than Tom Haverford. Also, Aziz is one of the writers for this show, and I’m iffy about writers appearing as main roles in their own shows. But this totally works. This show is funny, sweet and awesome. You should definitely be watching it.
- Marc Jacobs Dot perfume. I recently rediscovered this gorgeous fragrance, with it’s fruity sweet scent. It helps that it comes in the cutest bottle ever.
- Cotton robes
What do you love this week?