Woah, it certainly feels a bit strange to type “2016”. I’m excited for the very first Things I Love Thursday for this brand, spanking new year. So let’s all jump right in, shall we?
This week I love:
- Visiting with Nook, my Nana’s friend. Nook and Nana were friends from the time they were teenagers until my Nana passed two years ago. I had morning tea with Nook and her husband on Monday and it was so much fun. She has such a positive outlook on life and has a great way of making everyone feel cherished and special. And she’s an awesome cook. I must have eaten about a thousand of her mini Christmas puddings.
- Seeing CATS for the third time. CATS is my all-time favourite musical and my parents bought me tickets to see the Melbourne show for my birthday. After a six-month wait, I finally got to take my seat at the Regent Theater and soak in the amazing performances. I’m thinking about writing a full review of the show if you are interested in reading about it in more detail.
- Shopping for new sexy time toys.
- Star Wars! I saw The Force Awakens on New Years Day and I thought it was brilliant. I had low expectations for this instalment of the Star Wars saga, and I was surprised at how great the film was. I won’t go into detail, but I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining film and was so much better than the prequels.
- Wearing a fun, silky shift dress and feeling like Queen of the Mods.
- Brushing the cats. Although both of my cats have short hair, they seem to shed like crazy. I am forever vacuuming up cat hair and it seems as though my clothes and bed are perpetually peppered with strands of fuzz. So I’m trying to get into the habit of brushing the cats regularly to get rid of some of the loose hair before it gets onto the carpet. Jelly is totally into this, but Ringo has taken a bit of convincing. On Tuesday I managed to get him to sit still for fifteen whole minutes and I brushed off enough hair to build a brand new cat.
- Making headway with some of my new year’s resolutions. I’m trying out a productivity app called Habitica that is pretty cute and it’s really helped me to move towards some of my goals for the year.
- Jane The Virgin. I started watching this on Netflix and it’s actually pretty fantastic. It’s kind of like Arrested Development meets a Spanish Telenovella.
- Getting my first professional pedicure in two years. My tootsies were in serious need of some TLC. Now they are soft and lovely.
- Salted caramel everything.
What are you loving this week? Has the first week of 2016 been kind to you?