This past week has been a very busy one. I’ve been quite the social butterfly, flitting from one meeting to the next. While I enjoy heading out into the world and meeting people, it’s important for me to have time to myself as well to keep grounded. My weekly Things I Love Thursday post is one of my favourite grounding practices.
This week I love:
- Miss Jellylorum. My sweet little lady turned eight last Friday. I know it sounds corny, but Jelly really is my best friend. She is such a constant companion and she’s been with me through good times and bad. I think it’s also fair to say that this tortoiseshell diva has saved my life on a couple of occasions. When I’ve been at my very lowest, and wondering if it might not be better if I weren’t here at all, the though of leaving Jelly alone is too much for me to bear. When you are depressed, it’s easy to think that the people in your life might not miss you if you weren’t here, but it’s hard to feel that way about animals. I love her, and I know that she loves me. She’s precious.
- Planning dates to the zoo in the near future.
- Breathing a sigh of relief that all my friends are safe and sound in the wake of the trauma in Paris
- Wearing feathers in my hair.
- Lunches down the lake.
- Getting excited about Christmas. I adore the festive season, but I make myself wait until December 1st before I will allow myself to get out any decorations or seasonal treats. And it’s nearly here! I can’t wait.
- The apple-printed scarf I found at the op-shop for a mere fifty cents.
- Cool nights and thunderstorms.
- Old school Disney films.
- Knitting. The click-clack of the needles is so soothing to me.
What do you love this week?