It’s Thursday and I’m ready to throw myself headlong into this week’s Things I Love Thursday list. So let’s jump right in, shall we?
This week I love:
– Body epiphanies. A few nights ago I was looking at some old photos and feeling shitty about my body. I was so upset when I compared how my body looks now to how it looked a few years ago. I’ve gained a bit of weight over the past few years, not a lot but a bit. And I’m insecure about it. But I realised that my body looks amazing now. I’m super strong from yoga and I’m very toned. And I also reminded myself that mentally I’m a lot more stable now than I was then and I take much better care of myself. Back when those photos were taken, I was abusing my body to look the way I did. I restricted the food I’d eat and I was using exercise as a punishment. Nowadays I eat a more balanced diet and I enjoy my food. I’ve found that I love yoga and prefer to do a daily yoga workout than several grueling running sessions a week. I think that my happiness and sanity is a fair trade off for a thinner body.
-Cupping massages. I had my first one in a year and it was amazing. I got the most terrible bruises from the gliding cups but my back and shoulders feel looser than they have in ages. It’s brilliant.
– Finding an amazing craft shop while on a date with my girlfriend. Rah and I were shopping in the city last weekend and we accidentally stumbled across a store called Morris and Sons. It was a wonderland of yarns and patterns and I went crazy buying beautiful balls of yarn. I could have spent hundreds of dollars in there, but I restrained myself.
– Oolong tea.
– Dried apricots. So delicious.
– Celebrating my brother’s new job. I’m so proud of him.
– Great work weeks where everything seems to just fall into place.
– Working on some new knitting projects and being utterly chuffed with how each one has turned out.
– Sleeping with a cat tucked under each arm.
– Lazy, rainy afternoons with a blanket and a book.
– Sweet kisses from my man.
– Being able to taste and smell things again after weeks of blocked sinuses.
-Finally getting my blog reader to zero. I haven’t cleared it out in almost six months and it was so good to get back into reading my favourite blogs again.
What do you love this week?