Brrr! This week has apparently been one of the coldest on record for Benalla, and I’ve been hibernating indoors with a few good books and my laptop. But there are still plenty of things to smile about.
This week I love:
– Absolutely Fabulous. I started watching this gem of a show earlier in the week and I’m totally addicted. I do notice that “darling” and “sweetie” tend to creep into my vocabulary after I’ve binged on a few episodes of Ab Fab.
-My new Adventure Time yoga pants. I picked them up for a song at Jay Jays and they are super comfortable and surprisingly warm. Plus they have the added bonus of allowing me to play “Find BMO” whenever I’m in a forward fold.
– Man buns. I never saw the appeal until my boyfriend sent me a picture of himself all done up in a shirt, tie, vest and a man bun. Hot damn, that boy can dress!
– My new haircut.
– Earning a decent wage so that I don’t have to freak out about the bill every time I turn the heater on. I am so grateful that I don’t have to worry about every penny I spend on utilities so I can get through winter without having to choose between food and heater.
– Waking up covered in cats.
– Successful op shopping trips.
– The scent of Tiger Balm.
– Catching glimpses of people rocking out to the radio in their cars.
– My brother’s girlfriend, who sent home a stack of comic books for me to borrow. We have very similar tastes, it would seem.
-Drinking more water. I always struggle to drink enough water in the colder months. Last week I had a nagging headache for several days and it occurred to me that I hadn’t had a glass of water in about five days. After that I’ve made a bigger effort to get more H2O into my system and I feel much better for it.
What do you love this week?