I’m feeling particularly grateful at the moment. Last week one of my work colleagues had a stroke at her desk. It happened so suddenly and it was very frightening. This awful accident has given me pause for thought over the last week. I know it sounds incredibly corny, but it’s scary how quickly life can change. In a blink all that was can be no longer, and everything is different. I’ve been making an extra effort to take stock of all that I have in my life in order to better appreciate the good that surrounds me. I invite you to join me by leaving your own Things I Love Thursday list in the comments.
This week I love:
– The emergency services. When I phoned the ambulance last week, every person in the chain was amazing. The woman I spoke to on the phone was calm and collected, the ambulance arrived quickly and the paramedics did an exceptional job. I was able to remain calm because I knew that we were in good hands.
– My family. I am so blessed to have two fantastic parents and a brilliant brother. We are all close and get to see one another often, and I know that they always have my back. And for that I’m grateful.
– My job. It’s taken me so long to find a job that is both enjoyable and challenging. The fact that I now earn enough to make a comfortable living is an added bonus.
-My work mates and bosses. I am very lucky to work in a place where everyone is very caring and understanding of one another. My bosses do a brilliant job of making sure that the office is a pleasant place to work and that we have everything we need.
– My friends. I am often floored by the incredible people that I’ve met and befriended over the years. They are such a mixed bunch, but every one of them is special in my eyes.
– My two special love birds, who bring so much joy and affection into my life.
– My kitties, who are sweet and playful and make me feel unconditionally loved.
– My cute little flat, which has become my home. I am so happy to have such a sweet space to return to each day.
And now some little bits and pieces:
– Salted caramel ice cream.
– Blush-coloured roses.
– Ryan Phillipe.
– Orange is the New Black.
– Cards against Humanity.
What do you love this week? Take a bit of time to find some things to be grateful for and share them with me in the comments.