Hello to you, my lovely reader. I hope that you’ve had a smashing week thus far and that you’re ready to leap forward into another list of things that are awesome. Let’s go for it!
This week I love:
– The anticipation of going to see The Wizard of Oz on the big screen. Our local cinema is showing The Wizard of Oz as part of their “retro movie” series and I can’t wait. The Wizard of Oz is my favourite film but I’ve never seen it on the big screen. This is going to be a wonderful opportunity and I’m super excited.
– Duck watching. I spent my lunch break on Monday down the lake checking out the antics of the local duck population. Once the ducks were satisfied that I wasn’t going to share my food with them they settled down and went to sleep, some less than a foot from where I was sitting. It was so cool to be able to watch them from such a close vantage point.
– This video, because I think it illustrates a really important point that we need to be reminded of occasionally: that the idea of “The Perfect Body” is a social construct which is constantly in flux. There is no such thing as one perfect body type, all bodies are beautiful and the way we view beauty shifts. Just because your body type isn’t the current fashion doesn’t mean it isn’t gorgeous.
– Doing the Arrested Development Chicken Dance with my brother on his birthday.
–This Bill Murray key holder. I would be so chuffed to have Bill Murray hand me my keys every morning.
– Cooler nights. Blankets on the bed. Robes in the morning.
– River God by Wilbur Smith. I just started reading this epic tale of love and adventure set in Ancient Egypt. My gosh, it’s fantastic. I haven’t been this hooked on a historical fantasy novel since the Game of Thrones series.
– Grandfather clocks
– Peanut butter Tim Tams
– Eating a pomegranate roughly with my hands, which become stained a deep red.
– Taking a step closer to securing a spot at one of our best local craft markets.
What do you love this week? Drop a comment with your own list of Thursday loveliness.