I really needed a Things I Love Thursday post this week. It’s been kinda rough going these last few days. On Monday my family had to make the decision to have our sixteen-year-old cat, Cleo, put to sleep. She was very unwell and it was definitely her time, but I still wasn’t ready to let her go. In addition to that, I found out that my aunt is very unwell which was difficult news to process. So in light of that, I am looking forward to writing about the little things that I’m happy about this week. Sometimes it’s those little things that make the hugest difference.
This week I love:
– Taking time out to remember my old buddy Cleo. She was such a scamp of a cat. She loved sleeping in the most awkward places and her fur was as soft as spun silk. She always had bits of leaves and grass stuck in her fur because she spent so much time in the garden. She had the rumbliest purr and a sweet nature and I’m going to miss her to bits.
– Watching Friday 13th for the first time. Oh my gosh, that movie was hilariously terrible. Watching a young Kevin Bacon get impaled with an arrow was pretty cool, but I couldn’t get over the stupidity of the main actress. At one point she spends about five minutes pulling every piece of furniture over to barricade the door of a room that has about a hundred windows. She then proceeds to carefully pull the curtains over each of the many windows. I know I certainly feel much safer when I’ve put a thin layer of fabric between myself and a serial killer! It was escapism at it’s finest. I can’t wait to check out the sequels.
– Looking forward to celebrating a solo Valentines Day. I’m going to go out to breakfast, and then I’ve got a massage booked. The evening will involve a cheese platter, some fresh fruit and a couple of awesome films. I’ve got this single gal thing down pat!
– Catching up with my little cousins. They’re over from Perth and I’m having an absolute blast with them. They’re currently obsessed with bubbles and jigsaw puzzles, which is great because these are both things that I’m totally into.
– Designing and working on some geeky crochet projects for my etsy store. Stay tuned for more news on that front!
– Home made sushi rolls. Yummo!
– Hot days that melt into cool nights. It’s been chilly enough for a robe these past few mornings, but they days are still sweltering.
– Making an awesome cup of coffee without really trying.
– Bold stripes.
– Watching the cats play.
What do you love this week?