Wow, it has been a massive week and I have so much to share with you. I feel pretty blessed at the moment. It’s just been one of those rare times when everything seems to be falling into place. I just have this feeling that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be at this point in time, and that all the bad stuff that’s happened in the past has led me to be the person I am at the moment. Now that I’m done with being corny, let’s leap into Things I Love Thursday!
This week I love:
– Settling into my new job. I have my own desk in a quiet corner of the office with a window. I answer the phones for one hour each day while the receptionist is at lunch, and other that that I barely have to talk to anyone. I just do my work quietly and happily. It’s an introvert’s dream. Plus I get to use a dizzying array of stationary and I’m doing work that I actually enjoy. It’s brilliant.
-Going to the kitchen to make a cup of tea and coming back to find this cheeky critter wrapped up in my blanket!
-Also, Ringo’s new love of sleeping in my suitcase under my bed.
– Fresh salads eaten down by the lake. Lunchtime picnics for the win!
– Re-watching The Office on DVD and discovering a bunch of episodes that I’ve never seen before.
– Finding three pairs of awesome and comfortable shoes in my size, for $5 each.
-Finishing these hand-knitted socks for my etsy store. I’m making them in a bunch of different colours. Socks were always something that I felt too scared to learn how to make. But now that I’m confident knitting on four needles, they’re a breeze! I don’t even need a pattern anymore!
– Daily chats with awesome gentleman who share my love of British comedy, Game of Thrones and TMNT.
– Planning for Galentines Day.
– Getting a haircut. It’s not a drastic change, but it felt like a big step. I got some long layers put into my hair and I kinda love it. To begin with I felt as though I’d lost half of my hair, but now that I’m used to it I love the movement that my hair has. Although styling it is proving a bit challenging.
– The discovery that Disneyland holds a “coronation ceremony” for each new princess to welcome her into the royal court. I watched a few on Youtube and I think that Princess Merida’s was my favourite. I thought it was brilliant that she rode her own horse in the parade, rather than being pulled in a carriage like all the other princesses.
– This Jurassic Parks and Recreation trailer. I wish this were a real thing.
What do you love this Thursday, nerds? Let me know in the comments.
Three pairs of shoes for just $5.00 is an awesome deal. Even at the thrifts stores around here, you’d be very hard pressed to do that any more. Congrats on all your new footwear. I’d love to score some for similar prices and grow that portion of my wardrobe further (having fairly hard t fit feet, despite loving shoes to bits, I don’t actually have all that many pairs by modern standards).
Your cat is so cute! Aww! It’s a shame that cats can’t write to each other as we humans do. I’m sure Stella (my grey tabby girl) and your kitty would love to be paw pals. 🙂
Tons of hugs & joyful weekend wishes,
*PS* Thank you very much for your supportive, wonderfully nice comment on my “Woman of Emails” post. Things are going great with my new work schedule, though I am sucking at taking days off, so I need to work on that more next week and beyond.
It is indeed a shame that cats can’t write to each other. Mr Ringo is very social with other cats and he loves making kitty friends. Although ironically he’s extremely anxious around humans. I’m sure he would love to get to know Miss Stella.
Finding those shoes was a lucky break. Last year I bought a pair of purple loafers on a whim and they were so comfortable and cute as well as being work-appropriate. I was lucky enough to find that the store I’d bought them from was having a huge sale and had reduced the loafers to just $5 a pair. So naturally I snapped up all three remaining colours in my size. So now I have a red pair, a black pair and a leopard print pair. I’m very pleased with them.
That trailer was hilarious! Gotta love Chris Pratt.
I know, right? I think Andy Dwyer might be my perfect man.