Wow, it has been a massive week and I have so much to share with you. I feel pretty blessed at the moment. It’s just been one of those rare times when everything seems to be falling into place. I just have this feeling that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be at this point in time, and that all the bad stuff that’s happened in the past has led me to be the person I am at the moment. Now that I’m done with being corny, let’s leap into Things I Love Thursday!
This week I love:
– Settling into my new job. I have my own desk in a quiet corner of the office with a window. I answer the phones for one hour each day while the receptionist is at lunch, and other that that I barely have to talk to anyone. I just do my work quietly and happily. It’s an introvert’s dream. Plus I get to use a dizzying array of stationary and I’m doing work that I actually enjoy. It’s brilliant.
-Going to the kitchen to make a cup of tea and coming back to find this cheeky critter wrapped up in my blanket!
-Also, Ringo’s new love of sleeping in my suitcase under my bed.
– Fresh salads eaten down by the lake. Lunchtime picnics for the win!
– Re-watching The Office on DVD and discovering a bunch of episodes that I’ve never seen before.
– Finding three pairs of awesome and comfortable shoes in my size, for $5 each.
-Finishing these hand-knitted socks for my etsy store. I’m making them in a bunch of different colours. Socks were always something that I felt too scared to learn how to make. But now that I’m confident knitting on four needles, they’re a breeze! I don’t even need a pattern anymore!
– Daily chats with awesome gentleman who share my love of British comedy, Game of Thrones and TMNT.
– Planning for Galentines Day.
– Getting a haircut. It’s not a drastic change, but it felt like a big step. I got some long layers put into my hair and I kinda love it. To begin with I felt as though I’d lost half of my hair, but now that I’m used to it I love the movement that my hair has. Although styling it is proving a bit challenging.
– The discovery that Disneyland holds a “coronation ceremony” for each new princess to welcome her into the royal court. I watched a few on Youtube and I think that Princess Merida’s was my favourite. I thought it was brilliant that she rode her own horse in the parade, rather than being pulled in a carriage like all the other princesses.
– This Jurassic Parks and Recreation trailer. I wish this were a real thing.
What do you love this Thursday, nerds? Let me know in the comments.