Yippee! What a magical week it’s been! I’m ready to chuck myself headlong into my weekly love list.
This week I love:
– Starting my new job. While it’s been great to have time off to recharge and relax, it is awesome to be back at work.
– Taking a massive leap and having it pay off. A few months back I submitted an article to one of my favourite magazines, and this week I received word that they are actually going to publish it. To say that I am thrilled would be a massive understatement! I couldn’t be more excited. The publication date is still a while off yet, but I’ll be sure to let you know when we’re getting closer.
-Stuffed capsicums. I made these bad boys last week and they were extremely delicious. I changed the recipe a bit to add more vegetables and they were totally awesome. I can’t wait to make them again and experiment with different fillings.
– Waking up with a cat on either side of me first thing in the morning. It’s lovely to get smothered in hugs before you’ve even climbed out of bed.
– Cups of tea with my mum.
– St Vincent. My Dad insisted that we all go to the movies to see this new Bill Murray film and I’m so glad that he did. It was not at all what I’d been expecting. I’d thought it would be a fairly slapstick comedy with a few heartwarming moments. Although there were plenty of laughs, this film went a lot deeper and dealt with some pretty heavy issues, such as ageing, mental illness, the plight of carers, violence and death. In spite of the heavy subject matter, I left the cinema feeling light as a feather. Truly it was a great film.
– Awesome post-Christmas surprises from my friends. I opened a package from the lovely Nina to find this super-amazing Game of Thrones Christmas card inside. How hilarious!
In addition to the kick-arse card, Nina also sent me this adorable pendant featuring a picture of the 10th Doctor cuddling a kitten. It’s been on my wish-list for ages and I can’t wait to show it off to everyone. The pendant is from Nina’s store, Le Fancy Geek Boutique, which is stocked with all manner of geeky treats. There are pretty pendants featuring your favourite characters from Parks and Rec, Disney, Dr Who, Marvel, Once Upon a Time and Game of Thrones, just to name a few. If you’re looking for a Galentines Day gift for a geeky friend (or something cute for yourself) I’d definitely recommend taking a look.
– Planning a tie-dying session. I’ve been stocking up on slips and camisoles from the op shop and I’m planning on spending an afternoon dying them wild colours. It’s going to be pretty psychedelic.
– Cool showers.
– Elderberry tea.
– Feeling happy in my own skin.
– Awesome messages from awesome people.
– Raw cacao powder. At the risk of sounding like a hipster, this stuff is totes amazeballs. I like adding it to my smoothies or sprinkling it on some mashed banana for an intense chocolatey hit.
– Listening to Fleetwood Mac during a thunderstorm. Perfect weather for a bit of Stevie.
What do you love this week? Share your awesomeness in the comments!