Do you ever watch a TV show or a film and immediately want to copy all of the outfits? Well, that’s what’s been happening to me lately with American Horror Story, Coven. I am obsessed with the style of the witches in that series, and I’ve been pining after black layers and floppy hats.
So you can imagine my glee when I stumbled across a black felted hat in Pulp Kitchen last Sunday. And the fact that it was on sale for just $19 was an added bonus. I can see this hat topping so many of my ensembles in the months to come. But for today, I’m wearing it with witchy flounces and tough tights.
I am wearing:
– Black felt hat from Coo Ca Choo
– Black rose top (bought so long ago I don’t even remember where from)
– Black gypsy skirt from Temt
– Black fishnet tights from Dangerfield.
– Black and cork flatforms from Big W
– Emerald ring (inherited from my great aunt)
– Silver cross necklace (gift from my parents)
– Silver filigree bangle (gift from my parents)
– Round sunglasses from Factorie
Getting some awesome lens flares on my photos today.
I’m all ready for my admission to Miss Robichaux’s Academy. I could have great fun hanging with the witches.
I went with smoky purple eye makeup with a big ol’ flick of eyeliner. Unfortunately, you can’t see my handiwork when I’m wearing my big sunglasses. And I feel that the sunglasses are an essential part of this look, don’t you?
Have you ever been inspired by the costumes in a television show? Have you seen American Horror Story? And if so, did it make you want to dress like Stevie Nicks?