Wheeeee! We’re nearly halfway to Christmas and I am stoked. I’ve had an amazing week and I have so much to be thankful for, so let’s jump right into Things I love Thursday.
This week I love:
– Getting a new job! I applied for an amazing job about a month ago, and had to go through a rigorous interview process. But last week I got the call to say that I’m the successful applicant. I am so chuffed! I don’t start until January, so that means I have all of December off to relax and enjoy Christmas.
-More awkward cat photos! It’s been really hot lately, and Miss Jelly has taken to lolling about on her cat apartment. It’s too humid to be ladylike, apparently.
She’s also taken to sleeping with her toes splayed out to the side. I think it must feel cool on her tootsies.
She is pretty happy to have her picture taken, even if she isn’t in the most flattering pose.
– Having an air conditioner. Last summer I sweltered through without one, and my landlord kindly installed one in February. I am so grateful to have it because last summer was just unbearable.
– Coffee in funky mugs.
– Playing Cards Against Humanity with my favourite group of boys.
– Friends who try to marry me off to their siblings so we can be sisters.
– Being told that I’m “Sooooo like Leslie Knope”. I’m taking that compliment and running with it.
-Finishing these rad Gryffindor Harry Potter socks for my etsy store. These are a made-to-order item but I can whip them up pretty quickly. And if you’re not a Harry Potter fan, then I can make them in any colour of your choosing. They’re just $20.
– Cadbury’s Marvellous Creations chocolate bars. They’re like a party in my mouth.
-This tiny man. Seriously, he has mellowed out a lot in the last year and has become a lot more snuggly. To me anyway. If a stranger comes over, he will bolt behind the couch.
– Geeky Christmas tree ornaments. I am trying to resist buying too many ornaments this year, but I found some doozies on Modcloth. Like this Beatles “For the Record” ornament. Or this Tardis. I want, I want!
-Visiting my Dad’s favourite cafe, where they give you a free coffee if you wear a bowtie on Thursdays. It was awesome.
– Having a snap of cool weather, so I could sleep under the blankets again.
– Talcum powder.
– Getting up the courage to submit an article to a magazine. I haven’t heard anything yet, but fingers crossed.
– Writing out Christmas cards for all my favourite people.
– Dancing wildly and screaming along to The Pogues.
What do you love this week? Jump on in and leave a comment.