Um, hang on a minute. Before we jump into Things I Love Thursday, can we just pause for a moment. How on earth is it November already? ! Where has 2014 gone. I feel like I just took my Christmas tree down and now we’re already in the thick of November. What the what?!
OK, now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, lets move on.
This week I love:
– Steering into the skid. I’ve just started taken anti-depressants again and I’ve been quite unwell with some side effects. I know that things will settle down, but this week I’ve felt terrible. So instead of trying to push myself to work hard and be super productive I gave myself a couple of days off to recover. I indulged in some reading, watched some of my favourite feel-good films and napped a whole lot. Now I’m feeling so much better for it.
– This post from Mia about her experience with anti-depressants. So often, the only information about anti-depressants is overwhelmingly negative. In reality, anti-depressants can be a very valuable tool to help people suffering from mental illness to recover and cope with their condition. This post is well-written and it was so brave of Mia to share here experience so openly.
-Dog-sitting for my parents. My mum and dad went away to Sydney for a week and I looked after their gorgeous dog Brodie while they were gone. Mr Brodie is such a special creature. He is so loving and happy and he was incredibly well-behaved while my parents were away. It was a pleasure to take care of him.
It is also very difficult to get photos of Brodie because he doesn’t like to sit still!
– Our new library. Benalla has a brand new library building and it looks incredible. It’s so beautifully laid-out and there are loads of new materials to check out. I love it.
– Watching Amelie.
– Scented candles that smell like cake.
-Adding new items to my etsy store, like this Cunning Hat, inspired by the TV series Firefly. “A man walks down the street in that hat, and you know he’s not afraid of anything”.
– The Walking Dead. I’ve been OD-ing on it lately.
– Phone calls and texts from friends to check that I’m OK. I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends who support me and pull me through when I’m struggling. There are no words to express how much those little messages and calls lift my spirits.
– Finding and applying for jobs that would be great for me.
– Melbourne Cup Day. It’s the one day of the year when I gamble and it’s always good fun.
– Listening to the rain while I’m on the couch with my book.
What do you love, sweetheart? Leave your list in the comments and enjoy the rest of your week.
Your parents dog is SO cute! How does he get along with the cats?
Anti depressants are a life saver, for me anyway. I’ve been on them for around 14 years, while it took me many many years to find the right sort and combo, I know they are something I can’t live without. I was told early on that I’d be on them the rest of my life and you know what, that doesn’t bother me? People ARE so judgemental. I work on my mental health a lot, even after my meds, and if I’m lucky enough to be able to take medication to help my brain and body function more ‘normally’ then I’m all for it.
Brodie and the cats are best friends. Ringo especially loves him. They will play together and then curl up and nap next to each other. They are so great together. He’s such an easy-going little dude though, and he gets along with practically everyone.
I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well! When I start a new medication or re-start an old one, my body and mind goes through so much – good and bad. Luckily, this will often settle and everything will go smoothly for at least a little while. I hope they help you! Mine have been okay? I have Lamotrigine, which is a mood stabilizer. I love and *need* that one. My BPD and OCD med is Fluoxetine and I know there’s a difference, because if I don’t take any, I feel horrible and can’t accomplish ANYTHING… But my OCD has been absolutely out of control, so I know it’s not a great match. ;.;
That doggie is precious!
I love visiting a new library! We have one that opened up in our area and it’s so pretty. Lots of events too!
I hope you get a job you absolutely love!
As for me, gaming, anime watching (and TV watching in general), reading manga and doing web design stuff, plus Jen and our pets of course, is what I’ve been loving!
Thank you so much sweetheart. My side effects have begun to settle down now, so hopefully I’m on the mend.
I love the fact that you always include your wife and pets in your love list. I know that your love for them is constant, but it’s nice to see that you acknowledge that love so often. It’s beautiful.
what!!! why no paul rudd ness 😉
It was super-awesome, but I wrote this post before I got that fab video. I’ll be sure to include it in next week’s TILT list.
Seriously, how can it possibly be November already? Here I am, quite literally hauling boxes of Christmas decorations up from the basement and it feels like about 1.53 seconds since I put them down their last. Though at times this year has felt long, as so many do, looking back on it so far, it does feel like it’s flown past immensely quickly. They (years) really seem to do that older one gets.
Great list of loves for this week! Some things I’m crazy about at the moment are…the return of vintage suit weather, the fact that it isn’t snowing yet, apple picking, the show The Blacklist, starting to decorate for Xmas, and the fact that there’s still a bit of time before the hecticness of the that festive season kicks into full gear.
Big hugs & many thanks for your wonderful comment on today’s Halloween costume post,
Wow, you’re already decorating for Christmas? You sure are keen! I love Christmas, but I make myself wait until the first of December before I get my decorations out. But I’ve already started planning how I want to deck out my flat this year.
Thanks so much for sharing my post! ❤
No worries darling. It was a wonderful post that needed to be shared.
I love running a before-school group lesson for year 5 girls. There’s 4 of them and they’re so wonderful! I told them that next week is their last lesson because I’m going away, and they were SO SAD that I said I’d give them an extra lesson in the last week. It’s such a good start to my Thursday!
I also love getting nice chatty emails from beautiful bloggy friends 🙂
Aw, that’s so awesome that your girls are so keen for your lessons and that they bring so much joy into your life. I bet they are super lucky to have you as a teacher.