Um, hang on a minute. Before we jump into Things I Love Thursday, can we just pause for a moment. How on earth is it November already? ! Where has 2014 gone. I feel like I just took my Christmas tree down and now we’re already in the thick of November. What the what?!
OK, now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, lets move on.
This week I love:
– Steering into the skid. I’ve just started taken anti-depressants again and I’ve been quite unwell with some side effects. I know that things will settle down, but this week I’ve felt terrible. So instead of trying to push myself to work hard and be super productive I gave myself a couple of days off to recover. I indulged in some reading, watched some of my favourite feel-good films and napped a whole lot. Now I’m feeling so much better for it.
– This post from Mia about her experience with anti-depressants. So often, the only information about anti-depressants is overwhelmingly negative. In reality, anti-depressants can be a very valuable tool to help people suffering from mental illness to recover and cope with their condition. This post is well-written and it was so brave of Mia to share here experience so openly.
-Dog-sitting for my parents. My mum and dad went away to Sydney for a week and I looked after their gorgeous dog Brodie while they were gone. Mr Brodie is such a special creature. He is so loving and happy and he was incredibly well-behaved while my parents were away. It was a pleasure to take care of him.
It is also very difficult to get photos of Brodie because he doesn’t like to sit still!
– Our new library. Benalla has a brand new library building and it looks incredible. It’s so beautifully laid-out and there are loads of new materials to check out. I love it.
– Watching Amelie.
– Scented candles that smell like cake.
-Adding new items to my etsy store, like this Cunning Hat, inspired by the TV series Firefly. “A man walks down the street in that hat, and you know he’s not afraid of anything”.
– The Walking Dead. I’ve been OD-ing on it lately.
– Phone calls and texts from friends to check that I’m OK. I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends who support me and pull me through when I’m struggling. There are no words to express how much those little messages and calls lift my spirits.
– Finding and applying for jobs that would be great for me.
– Melbourne Cup Day. It’s the one day of the year when I gamble and it’s always good fun.
– Listening to the rain while I’m on the couch with my book.
What do you love, sweetheart? Leave your list in the comments and enjoy the rest of your week.