This is one of those weeks when I really need to take stock and just focus on the good things in life. I’ve been crashing hard these past few days, and it’s been very difficult to see any light shining through in the darkness that seems to surround me. If you’re feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders too, I invite you to take the time out to make a little list of the good things. It doesn’t have to be long, it doesn’t have to be elegantly worded. You just have to mean it.
This week I love:
-Mr Ringo. Today is his fifth birthday, and I just love him to bits. I love his first-thing-in-the-morning headbutts and the way he will kiss my toes while I’m sitting on the couch. I love the way he prances through the house with his tail held high and I love his silky soft fur. He’s such a special little creature.
– Zucchini slice
– Soaking in the sunshine.
– Watching friends take a leap and soar. Two of my mates have taken big risks this past week and have been rewarded for it, and I’m so proud of them for taking the plunge.
– Being gifted a copy of The Princess Bride by William Goldman. The Princess Bride is one of my favourite films of all time, but I’ve never read the book. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into this.
– Catching up with friends for Halloween.
– Chocolate eyeballs
– Finding this Ultimate Life Planning System on Pinterest. I just love to be organized, and I’m drawn to any kind of tool, app or printable that helps you to do that. These ones are awesome and totally free.
– Starting a new journal.
– Red lipstick on an otherwise bare face.
– Celebrating the 15th anniversary of the release of one of my all-time favourite albums: Dream Theatre’s Scenes From a Memory.
What’s shining a light in your life this week? I would love to hear all about the things you love, so please leave a comment. 🙂