Happy Thursday! I’m writing this post in my PJ’s, feeling pretty weary after a long week. Although the week has been pretty taxing in a lot of respects, there have been some truly awesome parts too. So grab a cup of tea and settle down to relive some of the happy-making moments from the last week.
This Thursday I love:
– Coming home to a beautiful care package from Miss Fairchild. I teared up when I saw the package, which was covered in red lipstick kisses. Once I opened it though, the tears began flowing in earnest. Underneath a pile of gorgeous makeup, a vintage pin-curling tool and a poster of some amazing vintage hairdos was a Nintendo Wii! I couldn’t believe my eyes. Miss Fairchild’s girls have graduated to a WiiU and I was the lucky recipient of their no-longer-used Wii. She is such a generous friend and I was so incredibly touched by the gesture.
-Speaking of awesome gestures from friends, I got this book as a gift from my newly-married friends Kath and Evan. They were honeymooning in Belgium when they saw this comic and knew I had to have it.
This comic is the inspiration for one of my favourite cartoon shows- Marsupalami. I used to watch that show every Saturday morning when I was a kid, and I still get a giggle from it now. I was so touched that my friends remembered how much I adored that show and bought me this comic. The best part about the comic is that even though it’s Belgian, the creatures all speak a made-up language and the story is mostly visual, so it’s a great read for anyone. I love it.
-Finding out that the Welsh word for “microwave” is “popty ping”. Is that not the most perfect name for a microwave?
-Goats! My family went to Gracebrook winery for Father’s Day and there was an entire paddock of goats just wandering around. The owners encourage guests to interact with the animals. So I patted a goat for the first time. Their coats were much coarser than I imagined they would be, and their horns felt rough and ridged, like old-mans fingernails. They were so friendly too!
-Speaking of Gracebrook, will you look at that view! It’s so incredible that such gorgeous sights are just a short drive from my hometown. We saw some truly beautiful scenery on the drive over.
– Enticing one of my oldest friends to read Harry Potter
– My Mum’s chorizo and prawn pasta. Delish!
– The Walking Dead. I’ve just started it but so far I’m really enjoying the story.
– Huge thunderstorms.
– Getting surprise middle-of-the-day visits from the boy while I’m at work.
– Snuggling under a big blanket.
– Going to bed early. I don’t care if it’s boring, it makes me happy.
What do you love this week, honey-buns? Feel free to leave your own Things I Love Thursday list in the comments.