It’s Things I Love Thursday and I am so excited. I have been having a bit of a down week and I really need a bit of positivity to perk up my mood. So without further ado, here is my gratitude list for this week.
This Thursday, I love:
– Celebrating my grandfather’s birthday. Even though he’s no longer with me, I really enjoy devoting a day to his memory and doing all the things that he adored. Like eating lollies, watching monkey movies and listening to Johnny Cash.
– Guardians of the Galaxy. I checked it out on Tuesday with my gentleman and it was pretty darn awesome. I’m going out on a limb here and saying that it’s kind of like Marvel’s answer to Star Wars. To me, there were a lot of parallels between Star Wars and Guardians. The visual effects were stunning and the cast is awesome. I’d definitely recommend it.
– The soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy. There’s nothing like some mid-to-late 70’s soul, soft rock and pop to get my feet tapping. I’ve been spinning Cherry Bomb by The Runaways and Come and Get Your Love by Redbone ever since I watched the film.
-Stewart McKenny’s Ice Bucket Challenge video. Stewart is one of my favourite artists and he’s an awesome guy too. His video gave me a good giggle.
– Feeling like I’m beginning to get into my groove with work. I finally feel as though I know what I’m doing most of the time.
– Cold and flu medicine. It’s been getting me through the week.
– Ice-cold orange juice
– Hot oil hair treatments.
– Getting real, hand-written mail from friends.
– The promise of Spring that’s in the air.
– Looking forward to new Dr Who beginning this weekend.
– Knitting while watching back-to-back Disney films. So relaxing.
What do you love this week? Don’t be shy, add your joy to the comments!