After a slow start, winter has well and truly arrived in Benalla. This past week has been flippin’ freezing! Normally I don’t deal well with cold weather, but this year I feel as though I’m doing a pretty good job of keeping my chin up and powering on.
This week, I love:
– My grandmother. She and I haven’t always had the closest relationship, but over the past year I’ve had a lot of opportunities to get to know her better. I’ve grown to respect and appreciate her a lot more and I feel as though we have a much stronger bond. I feel so grateful for the support she’s given me since I split from my ex last year and I’m so pleased to have her in my life. It’s her birthday today, and I want to make an extra effort to tell her how much she means to me.
– Going to a Fawlty Towers dinner show with my gentleman friend and having an absolute blast.
– Two people and two cats in the one bed when it’s icy out.
-Finishing this knitted scarf for my Mum. She took it on holidays with her to Philip Island last week and wore it every day.
– Taking my lunch to the lake and sitting in the sunshine to eat. Yesterday I had lunch with three very friendly ducks. They came right over to me and settled down to take a nap while I ate. I shared my apple with them and they enjoyed the crunchiness. It was a lovely way to unwind.
– My new workmate. A new woman has started working at my office and I think she’s awesome. We work really well together and I’m having a great time training her. Plus she has the most gorgeous Irish accent.
– Knitting socks. I’ve always felt intimidated by the idea of knitting my own socks, but on the weekend I decided to give it a try. I knitted one sock successfully with no mistakes. It’s so cozy and warm, and I can’t wait until the other one is done so I can wear them with my favourite boots. I’ll be adding knitted socks to my etsy store in no time!
(Oh, for all you aspiring knitters out there, I used this knitting tutorial to learn how to make socks. It’s incredibly detailed and I found it easy to follow. I’d definitely recommend this tutorial if you want to learn how to knit your own cozy socks)
– Sunday driving.
– Awesome things happening to my friends. People are having babies, getting married, moving house and getting promoted all around me. It’s brilliant.
– Looking back over old outfit photos.
– Having the hairdresser who works next door to my office tell me that she looks forward to my daily mail run so that she can see what I’m wearing. Bless!
What do you love this week, sweetheart? Sing it loud and proud!