This week did not start out well. I’m in the process of coming off my brain meds and so far I’ve done pretty well. However, this week my anxiety and depression started creeping back in and I just felt overwhelmed and deeply blue. I’ve been really busy at work and the stress of it caught up with me and I just broke a little bit.
But now I’m feeling so much better. I stepped back and took stock of what I could do to introduce a bit more stability in my life to safe-guard me against stress and anxiety. And I started working some of those strategies into my life. And so far, so good.
This week, I love:
– Asking myself: “Is this thing that’s bothering me really worth this much energy? Am I allowing myself to be consumed with worries that aren’t based in fact? ” and really dismantling those thoughts that are preoccupying me.
– Yoga. When I’m down, just 20 minutes on my mat works wonders.
– This video. I can relate.
– Celebrating the birth of my friend Corrine’s baby girl, Charlotte. I’m so excited for them both.
– Speaking up against sexual harassment and remaining calm while doing so.
– Watching Ringo get all blissed out over snuggles with my gentleman friend. The two of them are best buddies.
– Getting a visit from my friend Christina and her husband Charles. They are such a sweet couple and it was brilliant to have a quick catch-up with them.
– Finally finishing Breaking Bad.
– Attempting a difficult recipe and being really pleased with the results.
– Having one of my new work clients bring me a gorgeous tiger lily from her garden to keep on my desk.
– The new Indian restaurant that’s just opened up around the corner from my house.
– Looking forward to a Fawlty Towers dinner show.
– Re-watching Waynes World and quoting huge chunks of dialogue.
– Geeking out over grammar.
– Sunday-morning snuggles in bed.
What do you love this week? If it’s been a hard week for you, what’s been keeping you going?