Wellity, wellity, well! Finally another Things I love Thursday post. I’ve really missed writing my weekly list of happy-making things and I’m so pleased to be leaping back into it. Let’s get started, shall we?
This week I love:
– Hobnobs, Dr Pepper, dog toys and string.
– Walking to work when it’s all foggy and cold.
– Throwing myself back into blogging. I’ve missed it so much!
– Getting a surprise gift of flowers from a special guy. And not just any flowers, but flowers made of lego. Seriously you guys, lego flowers. Could you think of a more perfect surprise for a geeky lass such as myself? Because I can’t.
– Preparing to attend my first pop culture convention in over a year.
– Winter P.Js.
– Using my birthday money to but the box set of 30 Rock. I just adore that show.
-This rad terrarium that my old work-mates bought for me as a going-away gift. I just love it.
– Doing the entire end-of-financial-year settling-up at my new job by myself and totally killing it. I’m so proud of myself.
– Grinning hugely at random intervals during the day.
– Soft kisses and hilarious face-licking fights.
-This print, a birthday gift from my parents.
– Watching Frozen with my Mum.
– Paying my rent and not freaking out about money for the first time in forever.
– My Neighbour Totoro. Cutest movie I’ve seen in a while.
– Robocop. Seriously. I watched the remake last week and I absolutely loved it.
– Is It Just Me? By Miranda Hart. This book is so hilarious it caused me to snort coffee up my nose and have a massive coughing fit that was desperately alarming to the two old ladies sitting next to me in the posh cafe. A must-read for all introverts, long-time singles and the socially awkward.
-Singing the Game of Thrones theme obnoxiously loudly.
What do you love this week? C’mon you guys, it’s been ages since we’ve caught up and I want to hear all about the things that have been putting a smile on your dial.
Lego flowers = the best flowers ever!
I know, right? They’re bright and colourful and they’ll never die!
The best thing of my week has been getting bargains at online sales — but I think I need to stay away now so I don’t spend all my money.
Haha! I can definitely relate to this. I’m trying to reign in my spending so I’ve been avoiding the online stores like the plague. I went a bit crazy with my spending in the first few weeks of my new job, but now it’s time to settle down again and start saving some cash.
I love the fact that after 7 long months – we finally have a house.
YESSSSSSSSS! I wish you could have seen the dance of joy I did when I read that sentence. Such awesome news.
Awww, NESS! I can practically *feel* the happiness beaming off you in this post, and I love it! I wouldn’t classify myself as an introvert or socially awkward (or long-time single!), but that book sounds totally awesome… must get my paws on a copy of it!
This week, I love:
– HELLO, I just found out what day my daughter is going to be born. Isn’t that crazy/amazing?! Technology, eh?! I had a hospital appointment this morning and it was decided that she’s going to be delivered by c-section surgery on the 16th of July. I just can’t wrap my head around it… I actually had to sit there, look at a calendar and pick her birth date! Wacky, huh?! (And EXCITING!)
– Gigantic slices of pizza. You know those enormous ones you get from kebab shops? OOH YEAH. Heaven!
– My beautiful, lovely, incredible friends, for which I’m eternally grateful for!
You must read the Miranda Hart autobiography. She is so wonderfully endearing and I think you’d get a hearty giggle out of it.
It’s so funny to be replying to this comment today when I’ve been looking at the first photos of your little girl. She’s such a peach! You’re going to be an amazing Mum, and I’m sure there are going to be a lot of surreal moments for you lurking around the corner. 🙂
I’m so glad you’re doing well! I also love that Miranda Hart book but it taught me NEVER TO LEND BOOKS, since I lent it to a friend over a year ago. I also foolishly lent out my Tina Fey autobiography and they are claiming they never got it! So. Never lend books you like.
Oooooh, I know that feeling. I loaned out my Dawn French autobiography and it took forever to get it back from a friend. I also have a couple of DVDs that I loaned to people that never found their way back to me again. Oh well.