I can’t believe it’s already Thursday again. That means that I’ve gone an entire week without any blog posts. I’ve had a couple of cute emails from readers checking in on me. There are a couple of reasons why I haven’t been posting as regularly this past week.
Firstly, as I mentioned last week, I got a new job. Although I haven’t actually begun working yet, I have a tonne of things to do before I start. As I’m wrapping up my old job and jumping headlong into the new one, I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed and unfortunately, my poor little blog has been neglected.
Also, I’ve been feeling a bit burnt out on blogging lately. Don’t get me wrong, I adore blogging, but I’ve just needed to take some time out from it to recharge my batteries. I need to re-evaluate my posting schedule now that I”m going to be working full-time too, because there is no way that I’m going to have time to post as frequently as I do now. So I’m thinking that my posts might slip back to just three a week, but we will see how things go.
Phew! Now that we’re all caught up, it’s time for my Things I love Thursday list.
This week I love:
-Leisurely slurping away at a big pot of tea.
– Re-watching Back to the Future for the bajillionth time.
– Zooming around town on the back of a motorbike.
– Praying mantises.
– Seeing a magpie taking a bath in a gutter. It was so flippin’ cute!
– This gallery of pictures of soaking wet dogs. If you’re having a bad day, I guarantee that this will make it just a teensy bit better.
– Lamb shanks, the perfect cold-weather dinner.
– Having dinner cooked for me.
– Waking to find both cats snuggled up under my doona.
– Making progress with a couple of more difficult yoga poses. I’m slowly getting more extension in my Bird of Paradise pose, and I’ve managed to get into Mermaid pose on both sides (my right hamstrings and hips are much tighter than my left, so I always struggle with right-side-body poses). Next up, I”m going to start working on Compass pose.
– Treating myself to a massage and manicure to celebrate my new job.
– Celebrating my Dad’s birthday.
What do you love this week?