A pinch and punch for the first of the month! May is here and the chilly winds of Autumn are blowing here in my little country town.
This week, I love:
-Lighting the heater for the first time. Each year, I try to hold off lighting the heater as long as I can. I can’t really explain why I do this, it’s just a weird game I play with myself. But this week I caved in and lit the pilot light on my gas heater. I’ve only had it turned on a couple of times, but it’s heaven to feel that warmth taking the chill out of my loungeroom.
– Pad thai noodles.
– Dancing. I’ve been practicing my New Vogue steps and I’m quite excited to head along to this week’s dance.
-My gorgeous friend, Miss Fairchild. She’s had a very rough time this week, and I wish I could be there with her to give her a huge hug. She’s such an awesome friend.
– Marilyn Monroe in The Misfits. I re-watched this film last week and I was blown away by Marilyn. This is one of the few films where she doesn’t play a ditzy bombshell. Well, she’s a bombshell, but she’s much cleverer in this film. I can really relate to her character, Rosaline’s kindness for animals and desire to make the world right.
– All of Miss Piggy’s costumes from The Muppets Most Wanted. Her style direction now has a distinct 1940’s and 30’s flavour, with lots of amazing hats and stylish up-dos. Of course, she still wears a smattering of jewels, but I feel that Piggy’s become a bit classier as she’s gotten older.
-Getting out my bobble blanket. Ringo is happy about this too, because he loves snuggling up in the cozy folds of this blanket.
– Finishing off a pair of yoga legwarmers that I’ve been knitting. I’m planning on putting some in the Made to Order section of my etsy store, so if you’d like a pair of legwarmers or boot toppers feel free to get in touch with me.
– Vintage brooches
– Flirting with the cute guy who works at the grocery store.
– This Cracked video, which explains the parallels between Game of Thrones and The War of the Roses.
I can’t believe the Tudor nerd in me never noticed this before!
– Watching my garden grow. We had some rain this week followed by a number of really sunny days which has made my little seedlings shoot up. The peas seems to be growing the fastest, followed by the broccoli.
– Catching up with my cousin, Jo.
– Wrapping up in a warm dressing gown and slippers first thing in the morning.
– Foggy nights.
What do you love this week?