Happy Thursday sweet-pea! I hope that you’ve had a great week so far. It’s time to make a list of all the things that have put a smile on my dial this week, so let’s get to it!
This week I love:
– Dreaming of a vegetable garden. I’ve decided to begin growing my own vegetables. My backyard has a vegetable patch, but currently there’s nothing growing in it. I know exactly zero about gardening, so I’ve been reading books about vegetable gardens and slowly buying tools and seeds to get started. I’m really excited to begin working on my little garden. I’ll keep you updated with my progress.
– My Uncle Bob. This man should be in the running for the Husband of the Year award. Just after Christmas, he booked a surprise trip for he and my aunt to go to Queensland for a week. He didn’t tell her a thing until last week, on the day before they were due to fly out. He’d booked an appointment for her to go to the salon to have her hair cut and her nails done before the trip. He arranged for a limo to pick them up at the airport and bought her tickets to see an Elvis tribute show (my aunt Jenny is a massive Elvis fan). She had a wonderful time. I am so proud of Bob for taking the time to arrange all that for his wife, and to manage to keep it a secret for months. It’s fantastic to see a couple who have been married for more than thirty years who will still go out of their way to do special things for each other.
Finishing this baby turban for my friend Corinne. I’ll be making more of these in different colours and sizes to put in my etsy store, so be sure to get in touch with me if you’d like one for yourself. I can make adult versions as well, in any colour you’d like.
-Mushrooms. The humid and wet weather we’ve been having lately has caused little crops of mushrooms to start popping up all over the place. Here are a few pictures I snapped in my yard last week.
– Snuggling up with a cup of tea and a great book on a cold night.
– Breaking out some of my coats.
– Zucchini slice.
– The Lego Movie. My brother and I went to see this last Tuesday and it was wonderful. I was expecting it to be pretty silly, and it was, but it was also pretty darn clever. The animation is to-die-for and there are loads of celebrity voices.
– Changing my toasted muesli recipe slightly, using butter instead of coconut oil, and adding a little nutmeg and a dash of vanilla to make a delicious breakfast that smells like Christmas. It’s so good, you guys.
– Working out a budget and sticking to it. I have been really stressed about money lately, so actually sitting down and working out a realistic budget has helped me to feel much more in control. I’m such a nerd when it comes to money, but I think it’s important to take charge of your own financial destiny.
What do you love this week? Drop me a comment or send me a link to your own Things I love Thursday post.