G’day gorgeous! I hope that you’ve had a wonderful week so far. It’s time to share all the things that have left you grinning and beaming this week.
This Thursday, I love:
– Grease. My mother and I went to see the musical last week for her birthday. It was pretty good. I’ll admit, I had very high expectations because I’m a huge fan of the movie, and the musical didn’t quite live up to them. There were a few parts that were a bit flat and a couple of parts that seemed to have been mis-cast. However, it was still great and I had a brilliant time watching it. In particular, the woman who played Rizzo was sensational and Rob Mills was excellent as Danny.
-Snapping up a couple of new potholders for my kitchen. I’ve been on the look-out for a great set of potholders for years now, and I finally found some that took my fancy. These Dr Hoot holders are from Timestitcher, and they’re so cute. I chose the 10th and 11th incarnations of The Doctor for my potholders, and I’m so happy with them
The only member of my household that doesn’t think they’re awesome is Ringo. He’s terrified of them, and spent the a couple of hours glaring at them and hissing from a safe distance. He’s more used to them now, but he flips out every time I use them.
– Hot cross buns
– Re-watching season 1 of Game of Thrones in preparation for season 4’s release. I can’t wait. This will be the first time that I’ll be watching the show after reading the books, so that will be an interesting experience.
– The Book Thief. I caught this movie earlier in the week, and I was spellbound by it. I didn’t know anything about it when I walked into the cinema, so I had no preconceptions of what it would be like. The story was well-told, the characters were wonderful and the whole film was filled with real emotion. I definitely recommend it.
-Being given a gift of two pairs of vintage earrings from my grandmother. These pearl-centered flowers are so beautiful.
She also gave me this beautiful star-shaped pair, which glitter so beautifully. I can’t wait to wear them.
– Having Ringo cuddle under the covers with me each night when I go to bed.
– Cooler nights and slightly frosty mornings. I love the change in seasons.
– Purple nail polish.
– Scoring 100% when a mystery shopper came into the store where I work to evaluate our customer service.
-Finding a prayer card for St. Dymphna, who is the patron saint of depression and mental illness, as well as carers of mental illness. She’s one of the saints that I feel the most connected to, and I’ve wanted a prayer card dedicated to her for a long time. They can be hard to find, because she’s one of the lesser known saints. (There are literally hundreds of saints, dedicated to all manner of causes). However I unearthed this in a Catholic bookstore in the city last week. When I was baptised last year, I started researching different saints and their causes and I felt drawn to St. Dymphna. Not only does her cause resonate with me, but she was Irish, and my family has an Irish background. I was so pleased to find this prayer card.
– Check it Out with Steve Brule. My brother introduced me to this show over the weekend and I don’t remember the last time I laughed so hard. It’s really silly, but hilarious.
– Finally getting around to watching season 8 of The Office.
– One of my good friends finding a new job just days after being made redundant at his old one. I’m so happy for him!
What do you love this week?
OH MY GOD! Those pot holders!! NEED!
I thought you’d like those! They are super cute.
I love that you found that card of St. Dymphna! I know that there is a God that deals with mental illness as well, however I cannot remember his name (…for shame >.>). I think Saints / deities that help, guide and help heal mental illness are wonderful and finding something of theirs – if you will – is such a sign and a comfort!
I was so pleased to find this prayer card. I’d really like to get a St. Dymphna medallion as well, so that I have something to carry with me. Although you don’t need a physical object to talk to a saint or deity, I sometimes feel that it’s comforting to have something to carry or hold to help you feel that physical connection.
Owls. Omg owls. You’re quirky and I love it. I often wear an owl handbag…
I love owls. And snails. I don’t know why, but I think snails are really cute.
A memorable, fun week!
It has been a great week. I hope it’s been good for you too!