Happy Thursday sweetheart! I hope that this week has been kind to you. We’re nearly at the weekend, so a break is in sight if you need one. Thinking about all the things that have made me smile this week always gives me the boost I need to make it through the last little bit of the work week. So let’s get to it!
This week I love:
– My mum. It’s her birthday tomorrow and I am looking forward to celebrating with her. She is such an incredible person and I feel so blessed to be her daughter.
– Frozen. I finally got around to seeing it last weekend and I absolutely loved it. I think it’s brilliant that Disney are now making more films that focus on relationships outside of romantic partnerships. I adored Brave because of the mother-daughter relationship, and Frozen was wonderful because of its focus on sisterhood. Plus the music was awesome and the animation left me with a slack-jaw.
– Miss Jelly-cat, who has been cheering me on as I take my outfit photos each day.
– Doing lots of driving practice. I went out with my aunt on Wednesday and last Sunday Mum and I drove all the way to Badaginnie and back. I am slowly getting more confident and my skills are improving little-by-little.
– Jessica by Bryce Courtenay. I began reading this book on the weekend and I haven’t been able to put it down. I’m almost finished it already. It’s such a gripping tale and I can’t wait to see how it ends. I bought a second-hand copy on the recommendation of many friends, but I didn’t truly expect to like it. I’ve read a couple of Bryce Courtenays’ other books and I’ve hated them. I didn’t even finish The Power of One because I disliked it so much. But Jessica is different. Not only do I feel really attached to the title character, but the story moves really quickly and is fascinating. I definitely recommend it (but be warned, there are some triggering scenes including violence and miscarriage).
– Adding an extra blanket to my bed and getting all snuggly.
– Freshly washed hair.
– Lemon drizzle cake.
– Finding a yoga workout that works out all the kinks in my hips and hamstrings. I get awful sciatic pain at times, and this workout helps to ease the tension in my legs and hips. So relaxing.
– Kookie Bazaar on etsy. This shop has the most fantastic range of pop-culture mugs I’ve ever seen. I love quirky mugs, and I could have a field day in this store. There are so many mugs that I would love to add to my collection, but I think that this Arrested Development one is my favourite.
– Starting work on a little baby cardigan for my mate Corrine. I found this gorgeous puffy baby yarn in a craft store for 50 cents a ball and I thought it would be perfect for making some goodies for Corrine’s little bub. It’s so cute and I can’t wait to show you the finished product.
– Sweet potato fries.
– My new steam mop. I feel like such a nerd, but this appliance is incredible. My parents bought it for me and I just love it. I normally hate mopping my floors because it’s such a chore and the smell of most floor cleaners gives me a headache. My steam mop makes mopping much easier and it doesn’t use any chemicals which smell bad. Hooray!
What do you love this week?
Mmmm, lemon drizzle cake! That sweet kitty! I need to try that yoga!!! I want to see Frozen so badly, ah!
Thanks for popping by hon! You would LOVE Frozen. You have to see it as soon as you get a chance.
Jessica is one of my favorite Bryce Courtney books but I have yet to read done I didn’t love. Though I haven’t read the power of one.
I finished it on the weekend and I just loved it. I’ve only read a couple of other Bryce Courtney books, and how I’m excited to read some more. Jessica is one of the best books I’ve read in a long time.