It’s Thursday again! This week has seemed to go really quickly, because it was a public holiday on Monday so I had the day off. The three-day weekend has left me feeling a bit confused as to which day it is, and the week seems very short. I can’t believe that it’s already Thursday.
This week I love:
– Long weekends.
– Driving lessons with my Dad. After my not-so-great practice the other day, I feel more determined than ever to learn how to drive.
– Salmon with cous cous
-How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran. I began this book on Saturday and I am ripping through it. It’s sensational. Hilarious, witty and a strong feminist message. I’m really enjoying it and I’ll happily recommend it to you.
– Falling asleep on the loungeroom floor after a long day at work.
– Making progress on a bunch of crochet projects.
– Honest answers to mundane questions. I met an old lady at work the other day and I asked her, “How are you today?” She looked at me and said, “Well, you look like you can take it so I’m going to give it to you straight. I’m tired, my feet hurt and I want to go home. How are you?” To which I replied, “I’m O.K, but I’d rather be at home with a good book right now”. We both laughed as I rang up her purchases. She was gorgeous.
– Wearing clunky bangles that jingle when I walk.
– Brave. It’s possibly my favourite Disney film.
– Giving myself the day off when my period is giving me grief. Sometimes you’ve just got to give in and let yourself take it easy.
What do you love this week? Don’t be shy, jump in and leave a comment or a link to your own Things I Love Thursday list.
I tried. To comment before but I don’t think it went through I
With u on the honest answers
It was so wonderful to have someone tell me what they were really thinking. I get the same robotic answers to boring questions every day, and it was so refreshing to have an actual conversation with one of my customers.
I haven’t learned to drive yet either – best of luck with your lessons! 😀
I love the exchange you shared with the customer at work, frank and refreshing 🙂
Thank you so much. It was great to have someone answer a mundane question honestly. I get so bored with the tacit same-every-time conversations with customers, so it was wonderful to break out of that rut.
Thank you for the great book recommendation. I’ll be looking for it at the library on our next visit.
Hmm, let’s see…this week I’m flat out loving the fact that we’ve seen some sunshine again, that the snow is finally beginning to melt, that it’s only a week (from today) until the 10th anniversary of the first day my husband and I met, that I’ve been able to write three new upcoming posts already this week, that the first strawberries of the year are on the shelves again already, that I got to see visit my sister last weekend, and that there’s now less than four months until I turn 30 (which I’m super looking forward to).
Tons of hugs,
Wow, that’s a great list of things to be happy about.
I wish you and your husband all the best for your anniversary. Here’s to many more!
My favourite thing about thursday is your Things I Love Thursday posts 🙂
Nawww! Thank you so much sweetheart!