It’s Thursday again! This week has seemed to go really quickly, because it was a public holiday on Monday so I had the day off. The three-day weekend has left me feeling a bit confused as to which day it is, and the week seems very short. I can’t believe that it’s already Thursday.
This week I love:
– Long weekends.
– Driving lessons with my Dad. After my not-so-great practice the other day, I feel more determined than ever to learn how to drive.
– Salmon with cous cous
-How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran. I began this book on Saturday and I am ripping through it. It’s sensational. Hilarious, witty and a strong feminist message. I’m really enjoying it and I’ll happily recommend it to you.
– Falling asleep on the loungeroom floor after a long day at work.
– Making progress on a bunch of crochet projects.
– Honest answers to mundane questions. I met an old lady at work the other day and I asked her, “How are you today?” She looked at me and said, “Well, you look like you can take it so I’m going to give it to you straight. I’m tired, my feet hurt and I want to go home. How are you?” To which I replied, “I’m O.K, but I’d rather be at home with a good book right now”. We both laughed as I rang up her purchases. She was gorgeous.
-Making a bunch of these little baby headbands for my etsy store. I made the bands out of up-cycled tee shirts and crocheted the flowers by hand. I was so happy with how they turned out.
– Wearing clunky bangles that jingle when I walk.
– Brave. It’s possibly my favourite Disney film.
– Giving myself the day off when my period is giving me grief. Sometimes you’ve just got to give in and let yourself take it easy.
What do you love this week? Don’t be shy, jump in and leave a comment or a link to your own Things I Love Thursday list.