Welcome to another Things I Love Thursday. This week a whole bunch of wonderful things have been putting a smile onto my dial.
This week I love:
– Manatees. They’re such majestic creatures.
– Snapping these pictures of some cheeky cockatoos in my backyard on the weekend. They love crunching the seed pods on this tree, and I’ll often walk outside to find a whole flock of them munching away and cackling to one another.
– Waking up to find that Ringo is using my fingers as a pillow, and the vibration of his purrs is rippling up my wrist. So gorgeous.
-Finishing this crocheted baby blanket for one of my friends. Her baby is due in July, so I’m hoping this will help to keep the little critter warm when the temperature drops.
– Chicken enchiladas.
– Yellow nail polish. I was a bit unsure of it when I first painted my nails yellow, but it’s grown on me.
-Finding a bunch of Disney DVDs on sale and beefing up my collection considerably. Most of these titles were only $9, so I figured that it was the perfect time to snap them up. Needless to say, I’ve been watching a lot of Disney lately.
– Doing yoga foot stretches after a long day on my feet at work.
-Finally finishing this drop-stitch scarf I started ages ago. I really loved the way it turned out. It will be up in my etsy store very soon.
– Planning to catch up with gorgeous friends.
– Going out for lunch with my mum.
– Everyday Feminism. It’s my new favourite website.
– Beginning Lent. I’ve decided to give up shopping for non-essential purchases. This is going to be rough.
– Having incredibly weird dreams. There was one night this week when I dreamed that I was in my Nana and Pa’s house and there was a door I’d never seen before. I opened it and it let to an intricate series of rooms, each of which was filled with clothes, books, toys and trinkets from when myself and my cousins were children. There was even a room that had a huge feather bed, and on that bed was the green eider down that my grandfather would always wrap me in when I was sick. I could still smell the scent of that blanket: a mixture of my grandfather’s shaving foam, Pears soap and cigarette smoke when I woke up.
What do you love this week?
Cockatoos in the back yard sounds magical
They are pretty awesome. I’m hoping to try to film them during the week sometime.