Welcome to another Things I Love Thursday post. This week I’ve been super busy, which is great because I’ve got lots of things to talk about today.
This week I love:
– Catching up with my mate Tom. Tom and I met in college and he’s one of my most awesome friends. There’s nothing like hanging out with him, drinking cocktails and eating breakfast foods for lunch. Oh, and gabbing about our mutual crush on David Tennant.
– Waking up to find that both cats have burrowed under the covers with me.
– Writing in fast-formed and sloppy sentences in my journal. Sometimes it feels good to just let the words pour out rather than trying to make every sentence perfect.
– Strong coffee in my favourite mug before work.
– Having one of my co-workers come over to my flat and exclaim over how much she loved it.
– Cheesy pasta with zucchini and tomato.
– Buying some new music. I’ve had Dusty Springfield, The Andrews Sisters and The Mamas and the Papas pumping on my stereo this week.
– Getting a disc from my Dad filled with pictures of my grandparents. He went through our entire family’s photo collection and put every. single. photo of my Nana and Pa onto a disc for all of us. I was so thrilled to get it, because there were pictures there that I’d never seen before. Here are a couple of my favourites:
This is Nana. She told me once that she’s about 16 in this photo, so it was before she met Pa.
Me with Nana and Pa on the night of my high-school graduation.
Nana and Pa outside their home in the mid 70’s.
Pa as a teenager. I believe this was taken not long before he and Nana got married.
This is my favourite photo of Nana and I together. It was taken at my brother’s 21st birthday party..
I miss them both so much, but it means so much to me that I’ve now got all these wonderful images to help me to remember them.
What do you love this week? I’d love to hear all about it.