Happy Thursday lads and lasses! It’s time for another run-down of all the things that have brought a grin to my face this week.
This Thursday I love:
– Finally meeting Natalie of XL as Life. Nat and I have been friends online for about four years, but we’ve never met in person. Last Thursday we finally caught up in Melbourne for a day of shopping, chatting and pancakes. It was so awesome. Natalie is just so wonderful, both online and in person. I was worried that it would be awkward meeting her for the first time, but it really wasn’t. I had an absolute ball with her.
– Going to the movie on my own. Last Tuesday I took myself to the movies on my own for the first time ever. I saw The Best Offer with Geoffrey Rush and Jim Sturgess and it was awesome. If you’re into psychological thrillers, I would definitely recommend this one. I was a bit nervous to be going to a night-time movie on my own, but it was fine. There was only one other couple in the cinema and it was oddly cozy.
– Walking home by myself at night after the movies. Again, I thought it would be scary, but it was truly beautiful. It was late, the moon was out and I didn’t see another soul the whole way home. It was as though I had the town to myself.
– Taking fifteen bags of discarded (but still good) clothes, books, linen and kitchenware to the op shop. Ahhh.
– Convincing my mother to go second-hand shopping with me. She’s never been too keen on op-shops, but she decided to take a chance and come along. She really got into the spirit of treasure-hunting, taking her time and sifting through everything. She came home with three bags of goodies, and was super pleased with herself for spending less than $20. Hopefully she’ll want to come again.
-Buying new journals. I’ve only got a handful of pages left in my current journal, so I decided that it was time to get a new one. I picked up these three gorgeous journals from Trinkarts on Etsy.
They’re made from recycled paper and they’re just so gorgeous.
I also snapped up a beautiful set of Disney exercise books from Typo. I am head over heels for these covers.
Aren’t they fantastic? I can’t wait to begin filling them up.
– Starting to consider a drastic career change.
– Cool breezes after a hot day.
– Finding CDs by The Cranberries and The Presidents Of The United States of America at the op shop for $1 each. They sound like my childhood.
– The Royal Tenembaums and Away We Go. I watched both of these on the weekend and I adored them both.
What do you love this week?
Wow, way to declutter, dear gal! 15 bags of items is an incredible amount to donate to charity. Way to go! I’ve started our spring cleaning a wee bit early here this year already. I don’t have much to part with, but am sure a bag or two will make it’s way to a local non-profit thrift shop as well. This year’s cleaning is more about organizing various rooms more efficiently and cleaning Tony’s home office (we’re 95% done there already – yay! :)).
My flat was just overstuffed with…well…stuff! I inherited a lot of things when my Nana passed, like all her linens and lots of furniture and kitchen supplies. That meant that I had two lots of everything, so I got rid of a lot of my cheap bits and kept Nan’s good quality stuff. I also did a ruthless cull of my wardrobe and got rid of tonnes of CD’s. (I barely even listen to CD’s anymore, I use Spotify more than anything else).
Good on you for getting so much organizing done. You’ll be finished by the time Spring rolls around!
Ohh, a drastic career change, hey!? Sounds interesting!
It was SO great to meet you! I had such an amazing day! It can be awkward sometimes meeting a new person, but I felt really at ease with you!
I felt so at ease with you too. It was like meeting up with an old friend (which isn’t so silly really, seeing as how we’ve known each other for years, we’ve just never met face-to-face).