Happy Thursday lads and lasses! It’s time for another run-down of all the things that have brought a grin to my face this week.
This Thursday I love:
– Finally meeting Natalie of XL as Life. Nat and I have been friends online for about four years, but we’ve never met in person. Last Thursday we finally caught up in Melbourne for a day of shopping, chatting and pancakes. It was so awesome. Natalie is just so wonderful, both online and in person. I was worried that it would be awkward meeting her for the first time, but it really wasn’t. I had an absolute ball with her.
– Going to the movie on my own. Last Tuesday I took myself to the movies on my own for the first time ever. I saw The Best Offer with Geoffrey Rush and Jim Sturgess and it was awesome. If you’re into psychological thrillers, I would definitely recommend this one. I was a bit nervous to be going to a night-time movie on my own, but it was fine. There was only one other couple in the cinema and it was oddly cozy.
– Walking home by myself at night after the movies. Again, I thought it would be scary, but it was truly beautiful. It was late, the moon was out and I didn’t see another soul the whole way home. It was as though I had the town to myself.
– Taking fifteen bags of discarded (but still good) clothes, books, linen and kitchenware to the op shop. Ahhh.
– Convincing my mother to go second-hand shopping with me. She’s never been too keen on op-shops, but she decided to take a chance and come along. She really got into the spirit of treasure-hunting, taking her time and sifting through everything. She came home with three bags of goodies, and was super pleased with herself for spending less than $20. Hopefully she’ll want to come again.
-Buying new journals. I’ve only got a handful of pages left in my current journal, so I decided that it was time to get a new one. I picked up these three gorgeous journals from Trinkarts on Etsy.
They’re made from recycled paper and they’re just so gorgeous.
I also snapped up a beautiful set of Disney exercise books from Typo. I am head over heels for these covers.
Aren’t they fantastic? I can’t wait to begin filling them up.
– Starting to consider a drastic career change.
– Cool breezes after a hot day.
– Finding CDs by The Cranberries and The Presidents Of The United States of America at the op shop for $1 each. They sound like my childhood.
– The Royal Tenembaums and Away We Go. I watched both of these on the weekend and I adored them both.
What do you love this week?