Oh my gosh! This week has been ridiculously hot. Like, so hot I’ve had to check a few times to make sure that my face hasn’t melted off. In spite of the insane weather, I’ve still got a bunch of things to be thankful for.
This week, I love:
– Sleeping on the lounge room floor. My bedroom has been too hot to sleep in, but the lounge gets a gorgeous cross breeze at night. So I’ve been camping out on the floor and sleeping so well.
– Gulping huge glasses of water.
– The awesome fix-it guy who repaired the aircon at work.
– Going berry picking with my parents. We picked eight kilos of berries!
-My new yoga mat. I have been thinking about getting a mat for a while and on the weekend I saw this one for a great price. It’s great for practicing on and Jelly has decided that it also makes a fantastic place for naps.
– Making rainbow salads, incorporating fresh vegetables in as many colours as possible. I’ve currently got a bowl of salad made with coriander leaves, cucumber, red and orange capsicum, chilli, cherry tomatoes, corn, avocado, red onion and haloumi cheese. Delish!
-Finishing this gorgeous infinity scarf for my etsy store. I got this yarn on Boxing Day and it is so beautiful. The colours are so vibrant and I love the way it shifts from one shade to the next. I’m going to be sad to let this baby go.
-Coming up with cosplay ideas I want to try this year. I’d really like to dress up as Daenarys from Game of Thrones at some stage, and I’m also dying to do a Roxy Richter costume (from Scott Pilgrim vs the World). Also, I’ve got a Princess Leia costume that’s been hanging out in my closet for over a year that I’d like to work up the courage to wear.
– Hokey pokey ice cream.
-Catching Jelly napping in odd places. She’s started sleeping in the hidey-hole at the bottom of her cat apartment. She’s never been interested in sleeping there before, so I guess it must be cool. Her other favourite spots are behind the television and spread-eagled on the kitchen floor.
– Light, filmy vintage nightgowns.
– Short shorts.
– Anticipating holidays. From next Monday I have two weeks off work. Woo-hoo!
What do you love this week? Don’t be shy, share the love!