It’s Thursday! Time to list all the things that have put a grin on my mug this week.
This Thursday, I love:
– Hearing the workman next door belting out Macy Gray’s “I Try” at the top of his lungs. What he lacked in talent he made up in passion.
– Christmas cards in the mail. I get so excited every time I go to the mail box at this time of year.
– My parents. They’re the most adorable/sickening couple ever. My Dad is building a new outdoor recreation area for my Mum for Christmas. The other day he laid the concrete for the foundation. The two of them went outside, scratched their initials in a heart into the wet cement and then held hands and kissed. Ten years ago, that would have made me vomit. Now, I just go “Aaawww!”
– Making time every day for yoga. Even if it’s only ten minutes of light stretching. I haven’t gone one day without yoga for two weeks, and I’m feeling a lot calmer and less achy. I’ve subscribed to Leigha Butler’s Youtube channel and I’m really enjoying working through her videos. She has such a great variety of workouts and her style really suits me.
– Drinking more water. I’ve been trying to drink a couple of litres a day to ward off summer headaches, and so far it’s working a treat.
– My Mum’s Christmas decorations. Her house is so gorgeous and she puts so much effort into decorating for the holidays.
– Old men who tip their hat and say “Merry Christmas” when I serve them at work.
– Watching my cousin Jolene open her birthday presents, then carefully pack them all away and throw all of the paper in the rubbish. She’s three.
– Light summer nightgowns and clean sheets.
– Watching my favourite Christmas specials and movies. Here are a couple for your viewing pleasure:
What do you love this week? Please leave a comment and tell me all about what’s been tickling your fancy this week.