While I love all of my vintage dresses, some of them are just a tiny bit more special than others. The 1970’s maxi dress that I’m sporting in today’s outfit post is one of my favourite vintage garments. I snapped this baby up for $17 at a store on Smith Street a few years ago. I’d been after a long, flowing 70’s dress for a while, and I bought this without trying it on (not something I would ordinarily do). Luckily, it fit like a dream. I adore the beautiful floral print, the colours and the sweeping hemline.
Another reason that I love this dress is that it’s super-comfortable. The fabric is really cool even though it’s synthetic. I wore it on Christmas day a few years ago, when I realised that the stretchy fabric and the busy print would hide my post-Chrissy-lunch food baby. The absence of a waistband also eliminated the usual Christmas night indigestion that I often suffer from.
– Blue floral vintage maxi dress from Smith Street Bazaar
– Leather butterfly hair ornament from Sportsgirl
– Silver beaded necklace (gift from my friend Tom)
– Copper bracelet (belonged to my mother)
– Brown studded Zu platforms (thrifted)