Happy Thursday gorgeous! It’s been a huge week for me, and I’m excited about sharing all the things that have put a smile on my dial since last week.
This week, I love:
– The fact that it’s nearly December. I absolutely love Christmas, but I have a rule that I’m not allowed to do any Christmassy things until December 1st. (With the exception of Christmas shopping, because I like to be organized). I’ve been champing at the bit to start watching my favourite Christmas movies, put up my decorations, pull out my Bing Crosby albums and start baking scrummy seasonal goodies. And there’s not too much longer to wait now!
– Taking my yoga sessions outside in the evenings. My house isn’t air conditioned, so it’s been getting mighty stuffy inside now that the weather is warming up. So going outside for a bit of yoga on the lawn each night has been really lovely. I’m now covered in mosquito bites though, but that’s a price I’m willing to pay.
– Walking barefoot on clean floors.
– Almond hand lotion. Divine.
-Collecting bits and pieces from Nana’s house. My aunts have begun cleaning out Nan’s flat, and Mum bought around a huge case of things for me to keep. There were a lot of practical things like linens and kitchen utensils. Also, Nan’s beauty case which was filled with products. I had a bit of a cry over a can of hairspray (Nana used Cedel hairspray exclusively. She absolutely refused to use anything else. The smell of that hairspray reminds me of all the times I helped her set her hair and of watching her get ready for church when I was little).
But there were also some little knick-knacks that I’ve dotted around my house. Like this statue of The Virgin Mary that I’ve always loved.
And this blue Babushka doll. I actually bought that doll for Nana last Christmas, and now I’ve added her to my collection. I like the way that these three dolls are three different sizes, like three generations. Grandmother, mother and child. Like Nana, Mum and me.
– Beehive hairdos.
– Dancing wildly in my bedroom to Ben Fold’s Rocking the Suburbs.
– Summer pajamas.
– Fresh fruit on my morning porridge.
– Ringo headbutting me to wake me up in the morning.
– Being really frugal with my spending and feeling proud of all the things I haven’t bought.
What do you love this week?