It’s been two whole weeks since I’ve written a Things I Love Thursday post. I’ve got so many things that I’m grateful for and so many things that are making me smile that I barely know where to begin!
This week, I love:
-Having my first house guest since I moved to my flat.
– Getting a surprise letter from my Nana’s best friend, filled with her memories of my Nan and stories from when the two of them were teenagers (boy, did they get up to some antics!)
-This beautiful necklace-holder. It was a gift from Miss Fairchild and I just adore it. I’ve been looking for a way to display my necklaces for a while now, and this is the perfect solution.
– Cold cream cleanser. It might be the best thing I’ve ever used on my skin.
– Hot oil hair treatments. My hair has never looked shinier or felt softer.
-Finding this fantastic pink pillbox hat in the Salvation Army store last weekend. I’ve wanted one just like it for a while now, so I was very excited when I saw this.
– Dancing to Gangnam Style with my nearly-two-year-old cousin Abbey. She’s got the most adorable dance moves.
– Baring my shoulders, which are (in my opinion) my sexiest body part.
– Watching Miss Jelly give herself a bath.
-Very special jewellery. This ring is my Nan’s eternity ring. She left this for me when she died. It’s particularly special to me because my Nana always wore this ring, every single day. When we would hold hands in church or in the car (Nan’s hands were always chilly, and she’d often take my hand to warm up) I would feel this ring biting into my hand. She only removed it a week before she passed because she’d lost a lot of weight and she was scared that it would slide off and she’d lose it.
Nana wore this ring for more than 35 years, so you can imagine how honored I am to have it now. It’s a bit too big for me, so I’m planning on having it resized so that I can wear it.
Nan also left me this crucifix. It was a gift from my grandfather on the last Christmas before he died. Again, Nan always wore this, so it’s particularly special to me. I’ve been wearing it quite a lot this past week.
– Peep Show starring Mitchell and Webb. It took me a little while to get into this show, but now I’m totally hooked. It’s awkward but hilarious.
– Finishing off a bunch of Christmas orders for my etsy store. I love making something that I know is going to be unwrapped halfway across the world on Christmas morning. It’s very exciting!
– Planning how I want to decorate my flat for Christmas.
– Cous cous salad and yerba mate tea.
– Laughing with my brother.
– Balmy evening walks
What do you love this week?
Oh waaaauw.. that eternity ring… gorgeous… I love wearing jewelry with a history. Even though no one else knows what’s behind it I always feel suepr prous wearing it. ^_^
I feel the same way. I have so many pieces in my jewelry box that have a really beautiful history behind them.
Awww. That letter would have been so beautiful to have received, and that ring is just *stunning*. What a wonderful way to remember your incredible-sounding Nan every day ❤
This week, I love:
– Friends. Amazing, wonderful, caring-beyond-belief friends. Friends who are heavily pregnant and have a BILLION other commitments, but insist on whisking you out for a after-work-coffee-date just so that you won't have to spend an evening alone. Friends who invite you over and force feed you gourmet burgers. Friends who who text you daily, without fail. Friends who'll spend all night (even when their boyfriends are ringing them, begging them to come home!) at a bar with you. New friends who'll buy you a ''welcome to Blenheim!'' drink. New friends who'll message you just to make sure you have plans for that night.
– Commencing a ''break-up game plan'' (i.e., thinking about all of the things I want to do/achieve for myself!), taping it to my door and putting small steps in place every day to conquer my goals!
– Stepping back into the kitchen again… for myself! I whipped up a vegetarian chilli con carne with Quorn mince and OOH, I must say, it was *sublime*!
Have a lovely weekend, Vanessa!
Your friends sound incredible. One good thing that comes out of a crappy life experience is realizing how many fantastic people there are who really, truly care about you.
And good on you for making a ‘game plan’ for yourself. I’m so proud of you!
I love David Mitchell… I watch him on Would I Lie To You? This Thursday I love going back to the gym after six weeks off, even if I’ve lost all my fitness, and three days off work next week to go to a conference.
I am a huge David Mitchell fan. I started out watching his Soapbox series on Youtube, and then moved on to Would I Lie to You. I’m loving him in Peepshow.