It’s been two whole weeks since I’ve written a Things I Love Thursday post. I’ve got so many things that I’m grateful for and so many things that are making me smile that I barely know where to begin!
This week, I love:
-Having my first house guest since I moved to my flat.
– Getting a surprise letter from my Nana’s best friend, filled with her memories of my Nan and stories from when the two of them were teenagers (boy, did they get up to some antics!)
-This beautiful necklace-holder. It was a gift from Miss Fairchild and I just adore it. I’ve been looking for a way to display my necklaces for a while now, and this is the perfect solution.
– Cold cream cleanser. It might be the best thing I’ve ever used on my skin.
– Hot oil hair treatments. My hair has never looked shinier or felt softer.
– Dancing to Gangnam Style with my nearly-two-year-old cousin Abbey. She’s got the most adorable dance moves.
– Baring my shoulders, which are (in my opinion) my sexiest body part.
-Very special jewellery. This ring is my Nan’s eternity ring. She left this for me when she died. It’s particularly special to me because my Nana always wore this ring, every single day. When we would hold hands in church or in the car (Nan’s hands were always chilly, and she’d often take my hand to warm up) I would feel this ring biting into my hand. She only removed it a week before she passed because she’d lost a lot of weight and she was scared that it would slide off and she’d lose it.
Nan also left me this crucifix. It was a gift from my grandfather on the last Christmas before he died. Again, Nan always wore this, so it’s particularly special to me. I’ve been wearing it quite a lot this past week.
– Peep Show starring Mitchell and Webb. It took me a little while to get into this show, but now I’m totally hooked. It’s awkward but hilarious.
– Finishing off a bunch of Christmas orders for my etsy store. I love making something that I know is going to be unwrapped halfway across the world on Christmas morning. It’s very exciting!
– Planning how I want to decorate my flat for Christmas.
– Cous cous salad and yerba mate tea.
– Laughing with my brother.
– Balmy evening walks
What do you love this week?