I can barely believe that it’s October already. The year is three-quarters of the way over and it feels like it just begun. What the what?!
Oh well, never mind the fact that time is whipping by like Speed Racer, it’s Things I Love Thursday.
This Thursday, I love:
– Getting into the Halloween spirit by gathering up all my horror flicks and spooky movies to watch throughout the month.
-Finishing this cute crocheted scarf. It was supposed to be for my etsy store, but when I tried it on to take some pictures, I decided that I just couldn’t part with it. It’s made with a glittery red yarn and it’s very lightweight and super warm. If you like it, I still have enough of this yarn to make one more. Let me know if you’d like to order one!
– This article I read earlier in the week that gives 10 signs that your cat actually loves you. Between my two cats, I’ve seen all of these signs. Jelly has done all but one and Ringo has shown me most of these signs as well. It’s a really interesting read.
– Going through my C.D collection and listening to music that I haven’t heard in years. It’s amazing how a song can transport you back in time.
– Taking myself out for a cheeky glass of wine on a week night.
– Cleaning out my flat. I did a huge clear-out before I moved, but I still have a lot of clutter. I really want to make a fresh start, and the first step is getting rid of the things that are worn out, broken or which no longer reflect my personality or lifestyle. I’ve got several big bags all ready to go to the op-shop to repay the op-shop fairy for her kindness these past few weeks.
– My brother’s burritos. Mick came over one night last week and he cooked burritos for us for dinner. They were utterly incredible. I’ve never tasted anything quite like it before.
– Miranda. I started watching this show last week and I’d ripped through two seasons before I knew it. Like most British shows, there are only a couple of episodes, but it doesn’t matter because I love it. She’s hilarious.
– This quote from Hello Dolly:
“Money is like manure. It’s not worth a thing unless it’s spread around, encouraging young things to grow”.
– Dance classes. I’ve signed up for old-time dance classes and I begin this week. I’m very excited about it.
What do you love this week?
Ditto to music and massive cleaning. I’ve done both this week, and it just feels right.
Also, I feel so loved after that cat article. Feline companions can be quite aloof (one of the reasons I’m a cat person, let’s be honest), so it’s nice to have proof of lovin’.
I know what you mean. After reading that cat article I was so happy to have it confirmed that my cats are showing me love in their language.
You took the words right out of my mouth when it comes to how I feel about this year in certain respects. We’re technically 3/4 into it, and yet it feels like it’s only just starting – or at the very least, hitting its stride. I feel like there were a lot of things that hampered 2013 from reaching anywhere near its full potential for us, but that our recent travels helped wash away, so to speak, the funk that they’d brought into our lives and like the year is starting anew from October onward. Perhaps I’m just being my eternally optimistic self, but I can’t help hoping it’s a sign – or sense of – what’s to come when 2014 finally kicks off.
I just can’t believe it’s October. The last three months of the year seem to meld into one another for me. In October I’m getting ready for Halloween, then November brings a bit of respite and then it’s right on to Christmas.
This year has been a really rough one so far. There have been times when I’ve thought to myself, “Well, what else can go wrong? How many things can change so drastically before I go mad?” I don’t usually say this, because I try to be as positive as I can, but I can’t wait for 2013 to finish so that I can start fresh in 2014. It has to be a better year. It has to be.
There’s nothing like a good spring clean. Or an amazing burrito. Or ‘Miranda’! (Love that show.) You totally reminded me that Halloween is just around the corner, too… yay!
This week, I love:
x Girl time. Sure, boys are fun, but getting together with a few fun females for laughter and cocktails is FABULOUS!
x Experimenting with new recipes and being *totally* dubious about them, but having them turn out brilliantly. (I’m looking at you, delicious Indian fish pilaf!)
x Feeling the weather warm up. I’m yet to experience a Blenheim summer, but I’ve heard they’re incredible, and I’m looking forward to many picnic, swimming and outdoor adventures!
I’m loving the little hints of warm weather that we’ve been getting here in Victoria. Two weeks ago I was wandering around in a tee shirt, but this week it’s been stormy and cold all over again. I can’t wait for the warm weather to become more constant.