Welcome to another Things I Love Thursday post. Each week I make a list of the things that I’m grateful for, the things I love and the things that have brought a grin to my face over the past week. Let’s get stuck into it.
This week I love:
– Handwritten mail. This week I’ve gotten letters from my grandmother, one of my best mates from uni and one of my uni mentors. All of their words of wisdom have really given me a boost. I can’t wait to write back to them.
– Random encounters with friends. Last weekend I went to Melbourne to visit my brother, and while I was there I happened to run into a couple of mates. I saw Miss Fairchild while my Mum and I were waltzing through my favourite city arcade. Later, I ran into Violet and Jimmy outside the convention centre. It was so amazing to see them, even if was only for a couple of minutes.
– Reading down the lake with the sun warming my skin.
– Waking up with both cats in bed with me.
– Movie nights on my own, with a beer and a movie that I’ve been dying to see.
– Pumpkin and spinach pasta bake.
-Having my parents over for dinner. My Mum and Dad have been incredibly supportive while I’ve been going through this break-up and it felt so good to do something for them to show them that I care. We had so much fun hanging out, eating and laughing. I really do love them. The only thing missing was my brother.
– Learning to do crocodile stitch crochet. It’s tricky but it looks so cool!
– Tangelos. So tangy and delicious.
-My neighbours garden, which is filled with sweet-smelling freesias at the moment.
– Cozy jumpers.
This hilarious video. Game of Thrones fans will relate.
What do you love this week?