It’s Things I love Thursday, which means it’s time for me to think about all the things I’m happy about and all the things I’ve been grateful for this week. I’ve been in full-on house-moving mode this week which has left me exhausted, but I’ve still got plenty of things to smile about.
– Sleeping through the night. I’ve been battling with insomnia for the last couple of months, and last Friday night I actually managed to sleep for 8 hours straight. I woke up feeling so refreshed and satisfied.
– Cleaning out my things while packing, so that I’ll have less crap to unpack when I get to my new flat.
– Catching my cats having a staring competition with one another.
– Devouring books. Since I’ve been living alone, I’ve had so much more time for reading. I’ve been whipping through my to-read list, which gives me a huge feeling of satisfaction.
– Comfy flat shoes.
– Bear hugs from my Dad.
– Treating myself to a new lipstick.
– Coming up with ideas for decorating my new flat. I’ve got a head full of options that I can’t wait to put into practice.
– Eating potato chips in bed.
– Nights that are slowly drawing out and staying light for longer.
– Pumpkin stir-fried in coconut oil. Delicious!
– Making myself a cup of tea using my grandmother’s very fancy china (which was a house-warming present). I’d never used any of that gorgeous crockery, and I decided that it was a shame to just let them sit in the cupboard untouched. I don’t believe in saving things for special occasions. If you’ve got nice things, enjoy them now.
What do you love this week? I’d love to read your Things I love Thursday list, so leave a comment and tell me all about the awesome things that happened to you this week.